Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

watched the news today,people........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Nov 25, 2005.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:rolleyes: black friday. some people are savages. :mad: nocking each other over and fist fighting over a place in line. LOSER!! all fo fity percent off. who in the hell would spend 18 hours in 20 degree weather to save $200.00 on something?? now you get to miss 4 days of work cuz your sick.

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

My friend got dragged there this morning. He said that at 4:45am, Circuit City was packed shoulder to shoulder.

Fuuuuuuuuck that. :wink1:

3. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

Yah, all the inlaws were sceeming yesterday. They actually got the flyers out and divided up the stores. One couple went to sears and got all the deals for everyone their, one to Kohls, one to walmart etc etc. They sounded like they were getting ready for battle. "you take the right flank, I will go up the middle" :haha:
    Thank God the wifey has no interrest in this and I get to sit home and laugh at them. Heck we usually do one Sat about a week befor Christmas and then were done. :D

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Ahhhhhh....spent the whole day wheeling with dleroy42.

A great day of trail wheeling and soaking in the beauty of God's creation! :D

5. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i went to push people around....but nothing around my area and shopping places was as packed as i thought it would be so i dident get to push anyone...or go and try and get all the wanted goods and sell them to the highest bidder in the store ;D

6. mudnmyvayne

mudnmyvayne 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: The local tv showed Best buy yesterday & it looked like a good concert....mosh pit & all.Anger,elbows.....I can almost hear the music...... :D

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was up, so I drove over to Best Buy at 5 am. I did not get out of the car, but there was a line that wrapped arund the building,police directing cars and crazed people everywhere. It was funny to say the least.

CompUSA on the other hand had very few people in it and I picked up some killer deas. :D

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

traffic jams here...

No violence here,but plenty of dirty looks and bad traffic jams,and short tempers,according to the news..it was 20 degrees at 5 am yesterday..it'll be that cold in hell before you see my drag my butt outta bed that early to go fight a mob at the mall.. :surepal: I think the real reason they have this "black friday" bull is to get good newsreel footage of all the morons willing to punch out and trample each other to get the latest doll or electronic toy.. :crazy:

Our country radio DJ made a good point yesterday--they were "live" at Wal-Mart store at 6 AM..they asked people in line if they would get up that early to go to CHURCH!--and celebrate Jesus's birthday!..not many said they were willing too..shows where people's priorities are at today,when they worship a sale on an "X" box ,more than God.. :mad:

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's ridiculous... It's still retail no matter what, and no one's going to sell at a loss, so how much of an awesome deal are you actually going to get, that you can't get before christmas anyway? Ooooooh, 20% off! Those deals will manifest before christmas I'm sure, not worth trampling your fellow person or raising your stress level just to scarf them up the first day of retail madness...

We saw a traffic altercation yesterday, and I was getting pretty annoyed... Dude on a cell phone was trying to turn, guy behind him honked impatiently. So Cell Phone got out and confronted Honker, then got back in the car, got right back on the phone, and missed opportunities to turn. :screwy: :screwy:

10. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Do what I do. I buy 4x4 parts so I made friends with the owner of National. I hunt so I made friends with the owner of Flahertys. I also ride mountain bikes so yep, you guessed it, I made friends with the manager of McBrides.
    Now, while the deals won't happen over night, take the time to nurture a sincere friendship with these types of people and the rest will look after itself.
    It is funnier than f**k tho to watch the chaos at the local dept stores.
    Now if I could only make friends with someone at the beer store. :haha:

11. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Doesn't have anythin to do with shopping but when I was a kid we were on our way to a Soccer game and settin at a light pretty close to the rear of the car second in line.

When the light turned green the guy first in line didn't move immediately so this big ole black lady just laid into her horn.

The guy looked up in his mirror, put his car in park, got out of his car, walked back to the lady and told her, in no uncertain terms, that he would move his f'n car when he was good and f'n ready.

He then got back in his car and waited for the whole cycle of the light. When the light turned green again he looked up in the rear view mirror then calmly put his car in drive and drove off.

The funny thing is since Mom had pulled so close to the back of the black ladies' car she couldn't back up and was stuck.

From the language that was comin from I'm thinkin she was a tad upset at bein held up for a whole minute. :D

12. boggerless

YEP. :haha: :haha: :haha: that is way to funny.

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sorry to sound stupid, but WTF ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?????:dunno: I assume it's a big sale or something? :confused:

14. boggerless

people are amazing!!! :mad:

15. boggerless

my dad woulda kicked his but. :haha:

16. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

hahaha, I seen the crazyness on the new last night LOL.... my brother and I went to bestbuy, circut city and target around 2pm today and picked up 9 dvd's and 1 game for a whoping $90 :D The lines werent that bad at circuit city, we were there for a toatal of 30 mintues. best buy was packed but got out of there in 45 minutes. target wasn't that bad we were there for 20 minutes or so.

17. boggerless

asswipes shopping after turkey day, fist fighting and freezing for 20 hours or better. just to say they got it.the same crap that will be there on the last day before christmas. :haha: :haha: