Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Watching FOX News thismorning.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

They're talking about NOLA. They say that the vast majority of houses will have too be tore down, and the ground will need too be decontaminated. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, it's not worth rebuilding. I say that because another hurricane could hit it again. I know the whole area will have too be cleaned up, but I would never rebuild there. Pretty sad, but what can ya say.

2. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I agree. If you have to rebuild anyway, might as well rebuild somewhere that is not as prone to flooding. It's not worth the money it will cost to see to it that the city is protected. Just farm that land. The delta is the most fertile farm land in the world. :D

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

There is a lot of talk about leaving some of the lower areas for drainage which probably isn't a bad idea. Many of the people who lived in those areas are not comming back - they had nothing much to begin with and are staying where ever they are now.

There is also a lot of blame and now lawsuits over the condition of the levee's and Entergy New Orleans (power company) has already filed bankruptcy. it is ugly and getting worse, but at least they got most of the poop soup pumped out.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What I'm seeing is the poop soup drying up all over everything. Nasty stuff down there. I feel for the people.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I could see where humans had to live by water years ago .

But with todays transportation technology , and canals/water works in most cities , we don't need to live in harms way just for water and shipping anymore .

Maybe still have shipping ports and smaller towns for workers only , and maybe Mardi Gras can be held , with seasonal workers .

6. cbbr

They say that you can tell where it flooded because the grass is dead. Everywhere else, it's green.

7. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

our tax dollars

Oh yeah,they ARE going to rebuild it.So says Bush.It's a political decision and it's gonna take an enormous amount of tax dollars.Some low-ball estimates that have been attributed to W's comments on this effort are in the 200 BILLION range.OMG.WTF! :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: The only (maybe)silver lining to this one is that it's just possible that some of the massive welfare related programs that we throw money at will be scaled back to help pay for this.I say again-MAYBE.Aint it fun?

8. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Nola

The word "Landfill" comes to mind,,,

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What a waste of taxpayer dollars. It will flood again and again and there goes our tax dollars each time.

Seems like W and his boys just aren't too bright. :screwy: :1zhelp:

10. cbbr

Here we go. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think I said that when I saw the first cross section cutaway model of the lake level and the city terrain. Why would anyone decide to fight nature and give it another chance to completely screw up life again?

Of course, this is exactly what the Russians want... :wink1:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  12. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

On the contrary, those republicans who own the companies that will get the bids are going to make buttloads of money.

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What's he going to say "**** your sinkhole home, we're trashing it and you're on your own"

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No chit, W is damned no matter what he says. I think they would be better too build on higher ground. Makes no sense to me too rebuild on current location.