Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Watching out for terrorists

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 31, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ever sence the news said that the terrorist want to attack the US again, I've been thinking. Anyways, today I had lunch down in Custer, SD. and noticed alot of employees at the restront are of middle east decent. Made me think because Custer is a fairly smaller town. No big college that I can think of, and fairly close to Mt. Rushmore. Now what got me thinking even more is on the way home, I drove past Mt. Rushmore and noticed more people of middle eastern decent taking pictures up behind Mt. Rushmore. It's probley nothing, but it made me think. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Im still trying to figure out why we are allowing middle eastern people to continue to enter the US...

if you're already a citizen, fine, its all good... but no one else has the right to come here to visit, work, or live. Secure the boarders!

j

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I say dont allow ANYONE in. This country is full. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I say dont allow ANYONE in. This country is full. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We may be gettin into a nasty subject here but I totally agree.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and noticed more people of middle eastern decent taking pictures up behind Mt. Rushmore.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might start freakin' ya out when you see that in front of the Empire state building, or from it's observation deck... And you're a damn racist if you ever admit the idea crossed your mind.

Realistically, we shouldn't be fearing people of middle eastern descent. If I've learned anything from the news and publications about al-quada, it's that they're adaptive. They're most likely "infiltrating" our culture better by recruiting and mobilizing more people like this white kid from kalifornia that was on the most wanted list. They'll get married, pump out kids, and go manage a mcdonalds if it means they'll be able to go undetected as a terrorist, leading to a more effective/successful event when they're "activated".

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

This will piss off a few people:

We should get our guys out of Iraq, turn that place into a glass parking lot, and use our military to close the borders. There ought to be a sign every hundred yards all along our borders that say NO VACANCY!

That said, I too have noticed suspicious activity at 7-11 and at the Quickie Mart. Those corn dogs are looking weird, and the guy behind the register would not look me in the eye when I asked him what was wrong with the Slurpee machine.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    That said, I too have noticed suspicious activity at 7-11 and at the Quickie Mart. Those corn dogs are looking weird, and the guy behind the register would not look me in the eye when I asked him what was wrong with the Slurpee machine.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

and some of those they were looking for recently they said have been in America for many years.

9. jekbrown

al queda is adaptive, but they are also very worried about security leaks and junk... i mean sure, they could try to bring some blond haired blue eyed guys into the fold, but would they really trust them with a major operation considering that the CIA/NSA etc would just love to get someone inside their operation? I can't remember a major al queda operation yet that included anything but middle eastern men. There may have been one, but their big ops are all "in house" from what I have seen.

If middle eastern people could not cross the american boarder without getting shot at by boarder police, things would be a LOT more difficult for Al Queda with respect to attacking us. Sure, they could adapt, but that doesnt mean its not worth doing. I mean do you not send P51s into germany because the germans adapted and made better AAA guns and jets? No, you just keep fighting and trying to innovate as well.

Its not racism, if it was I wouldn't be allowing Jews to enter the country either... and they are just as much semites as arabs are. Its more like not allowing a bunch of Nazis into the country during 1943. At that time, they controlled a continent and their powerbase included plenty of different ethnic groups. Not allowing such people in isn't racist, its a security measure. Remember, no one has a right to come here. In the past we have taken lots of refugees etc, but we are not required to do so.

IMO, this kind of measure will come to pass. If you don't think so, get back to me after Al Queda has nuked an American city. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

j

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Good points.

11. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

If anyone thinks they can prevent terrorism by "closing" the borders their flat wrong. Will it make it harder. No. These guys prey on STUPID americans to help them. Lets see, a american was fighting in Afganistan for the taliban. Lets see, the terrorist of 9/11 were LIVING IN A HOUSE OWNED BY americans while training to fly planes. Let see, if the borders were closed, do you really think they could not attack us? Terrorism is horrible because it is unpredictable. It for the most part can not be prevented. If we exported every person of arab descent, would that prevent an attack? No.

People have been trying to close the borders generation after generation...let see...there were too many germans, too many irishman, too many italians, too many hispanics. This is such an old record(as in player) in history that we got to let it go.

Have you seen a list of soldiers that have DIED for our rights in Iraq and Afganistan? It includes all types of people, races and reliqious backgrounds including people of middleeastern backgrounds.

sorry, I think its a bit "limited" when I here "too many people" or "close the borders"

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Poolocks, Irishman, Hispanics (except this Padilla ass****) were not terrorists. They did not fly planes into buildings or plot to kill thousands of us. Closing the border is a good start, we're full anyway.

I'm cool with immigration, because my family came here from Ireland in 1937. The American Dream is a powerful thing. I'm just not cool with unlimited, unregulated, illegal and illegal immigration. We need to set limits! If they follow the rules and meet certain criteria (not crazy, not a criminal, etc) we should let a few thousand in every year. Illegal immigrants should be dealt with harshly so as to discourage future illegal attempts. DO NOT get me started on what I think about illegal immigration. Machine guns on the border would make me happy.

13. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    If anyone thinks they can prevent terrorism by "closing" the borders their flat wrong. Will it make it harder. No.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... on 9-11 middle eastern guys got on a plane and killed a bunch of people. If they had never been allowed on the plane in the first place, how would that have been possible?

[ QUOTE ]
    Lets see, a american was fighting in Afganistan for the taliban.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, 1 guy... and he was like the lowest of the low grunt... he wasn't in charge of a big anti-american terrorist operation. hell, they prolly didnt even give him a gun, he was prolly an ammo bearer/[darn]-detail guy. IMO that guy wasnt even a terrorist. He was a traitor for fighting for an enemy at war with his home country, but from what I have read he wasn't an acting terrorist.

[ QUOTE ]
    Lets see, the terrorist of 9/11 were LIVING IN A HOUSE OWNED BY americans while training to fly planes.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, irrelevant. No boarder crossings (fed and state) and no flights/boatrides etc for non-citizens... thats the plan.

[ QUOTE ]
    Let see, if the borders were closed, do you really think they could not attack us?

[/ QUOTE ]

it'd be harder, obviously. To attack kansas city for example, you have to cross a boarder somewhere. Sure a coastal city would be easier to get to, but this isnt supposed to be a silver bullet, its just one part of an overall plan. AAA guns and SAMs dont stop ALL attacking airplanes either, but you're an idiot if you don't have some and are subject to air attack.

[ QUOTE ]
    Terrorism is horrible because it is unpredictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harder to predict that some things, but not "unpredictable". We all know bin laden wants to kill Americans. We know what his resources are. We listen in on his friends etc, we build up intel and follow leads. All of this helps us out. We've killed over 60% of the pre-9-11 Al Queda leadership... who knows how many attacks and stuff we have disrupted/stopped. Its impossible for you or I to say, we don't have the information. Only CIA/NSA and Al Queda could tell us and neither is talking. In any case, in spite of the difficulty in predicting terrorist attacks, we have managed to foil some.

[ QUOTE ]
    If we exported every person of arab descent, would that prevent an attack? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

please list all the al queda attacks on Americans that have [/i]not[/i] used people of middle eastern discent to plan/fund/carry them out.

[ QUOTE ]
    People have been trying to close the borders generation after generation...let see...there were too many germans, too many irishman, too many italians, too many hispanics. This is such an old record(as in player) in history that we got to let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice try, but this situation doesn't compare to any of those others. People wanted irish/italian etc etc etc people gone just because they were racist and didn't like them. The people I am talking about are currently at war with the USA. BIG difference.

[ QUOTE ]
    Have you seen a list of soldiers that have DIED for our rights in Iraq and Afganistan? It includes all types of people, races and reliqious backgrounds including people of middleeastern backgrounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said there weren't good arabs, only that no one who isn't a citizen has a right to come here from that (or any other) part of the world. Again, BIG difference.

[ QUOTE ]
    sorry, I think its a bit "limited" when I here "too many people" or "close the borders"

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, IMO people who don't care or aren't worried about it are either crazy or suicidal. Its 'aight though, when NYC dissappears after the Al Queda nuke attack, you'll probably see the light... hopefully not literally.

j

14. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

A war on terrorism is like a war on jealousy.
    Do you honestly think we'll ever see the day that we say "well, I got that last terrorist... now the world is safe!"
    It's so much like the war on drugs. Sink a bunch (aka Sh--loads of money) into something that will never effect change and what do you get? A whole lot of hate for America, a whole lot of dead GIs and terrorism and drugs still abound.
    The only way is to educate these people. Show them that women have rights and don't have to stay hidden from all men but husbands. Show them that school is for everyone and you don't just blow up people if you don't like them. Sadly, at times we are a bit hypocritical on that subject however.

Do I have an answer for terrorism? No. It just frustrates me to know that we will never win this fight and the implications are so unknown.

15. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

"give us your tired your weak and your poor"
    it seems that the AMerican psyche has gone full circle on this idea. Early American imigrants from Ireland and other countries in Europe faced racism and prejudice. People said the country was already full and they wanted the freedom but didn't want to share it.

If someone, let's say a Cuban, is willing to swim across a freaking large body of ocean water to live in a land that values freedom of speech and choice, then I say damn! THey must really want to be an American.
    You have to realize that there are Mexican immigrants that cross a desert in the summer to get to a place with better pay (and there are no guarantees regarding availability of jobs). Sure some don't care about becoming citizens but some do. There are many AMericans here but keeping people out goes against the ideas of American freedom.

16. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There are many AMericans here but keeping people out goes against the ideas of American freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooo, We should just keep letting people flood in here indefinitely? What happens when we can no longer produce enough food to feed the nation? China is currently facing this problem.. we are exporting several shiploads worth of food to them every day. Their problem isnt from immigration though, its from industry taking over agricultural areas. Having their immense population to begin with isnt helping at all either.

17. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Nah, but perhaps more war... that's always a great way to lower population. Oh, and abortion legality at all stages should also decrease population a little. Maybe even have a Chinese limit on children (2children only). THis would help a little /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    There is no easy answer but most illegal immigration in this country is due to high cost of paperwork and permits. It seems that we weed out the poor who actually will work for what they have.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in free rides.
    I think every prospective citizen should show a basic understanding for English and be able to speak it on a basic level and I think that it would be best to limit assistance for any person (citizen or not) if they do not go to college, trade school, or maintain employment.

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Secure the borders!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, bro! It's difficult to think of anything good that's come from the middle east...hopefully I'll get the chance to send a few to the grave... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    A war on terrorism is like a war on jealousy.
    Do you honestly think we'll ever see the day that we say "well, I got that last terrorist... now the world is safe!"

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, we don't need any more defeatism, thanks though. International piracy on the high seas used to be a major problem, with no state behind it, and decentralized individuals carrying out the attacks... these days it isn't much of a problem. Is there still piracy? yes. Is it an epidemic which threatens our entire way of way? no. International terrorism is the same way, it can be beaten, no question about it. Additionally, I dunno about the America you know, but the one I know doesn't sit around on its butt saying "golly gee whiz, x, y and z are IMPOSSIBLE"... we go out and make it possible. Thats what we do. IMO, the only way we will lose the war on terrorism in the long term is if enough people here in the US start to think the way you do. Thanks for helping the enemy.

[ QUOTE ]
    It's so much like the war on drugs. Sink a bunch (aka Sh--loads of money) into something that will never effect change and what do you get?

[/ QUOTE ]

the war on drugs isn't being won simply because we choose not to win. It wouldnt be hard to whip the drug problem at all really, we just don't have the will to do it at this point.

[ QUOTE ]
    A whole lot of hate for America

[/ QUOTE ]

that will always exist so long as we are a relatively free society and our economy is on top. Personally, I'd rather not give up either just so some guy in a cave in Afghanistan will be happy.

[ QUOTE ]
    a whole lot of dead GIs and terrorism and drugs still abound.

[/ QUOTE ]

we lost more people on 9-11 than we have lost GIs in the field, IMO we are doing remarkably well in the casualty-area. Sure, over the last 3 years we have lost 1000 guys, and that is sad... but that wouldn't even be a bad day in WWII.

[ QUOTE ]
    The only way is to educate these people. Show them that women have rights and don't have to stay hidden from all men but husbands. Show them that school is for everyone and you don't just blow up people if you don't like them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I'm sure educating bin laden would turn him around into an all-around good guy. I agree that the general population in the middle east needs to be better educated, but the current crop of terrorists are a problem right now and education isn't a solution to them.

[ QUOTE ]
    Sadly, at times we are a bit hypocritical on that subject however.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. If Americans really had our way, we'd sit around watching idiotic reality TV shows, eating bon bons and getting fat. If everyone would just leave us the heck alone and not start killing us or each other, we'd do just that. Of course they won't, so IMO the blood is all on their hands.

[ QUOTE ]
    Do I have an answer for terrorism? No. It just frustrates me to know that we will never win this fight and the implications are so unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure you do, you already said it. Education is the long term requirement... killing all the existing terrorists is the short term response. WWIII is a lot different than WWI or WWII, but the thing required to win remains the same: will.

j

20. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

if you think we are winning the war on drugs, you must be in a cave with Bin Laden.
    Oh, and guess who funded Bin Laden while he was being educated in milt. ops? The U.S.! He was a paid CIA operative for a long time while we funded the afgans in their war against USSR.
    You're implications that I fund terror are about as ridiculous as those commercials that say..."If you buy pot you're supporting terrorism"
    No, I'm supporting Billy down the street!
    The name calling and the "you're a traitor," "you're unpatriotic," "unAmerican" is really reminiscent of McCarthy and his crusades and blacklisting of hundereds of people that were sick of lies.

You're basic argument has always sounded the same to me:
    you disagree with me, you're what's wrong with AMerica, you terrorist.