Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

watching X-Games at work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Aug 5, 2004.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Freestyle moto these guys are pullin some sick arse tricks i just saw a guy do a spin in the air compleatly off the bike, holy crap /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I've seen the 2002 ones, there are some sick tricks they can do.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

dude these are at least twice as good sooooo crazy /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What time is it there? I probably missed them then. It's 9:30 here.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

its almost 9:00 here

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

oh... I did miss them then /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

We watched it here at the fire station, between runs. I really thought pastrana was going to go for the double... maybe (sunday?) durring the freestyle.

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thats crazy, I remember a couple years ago everyone was so shocked some guy did a backflip, but now two /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. txfiremank5

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats crazy, I remember a couple years ago everyone was so shocked some guy did a backflip, but now two /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No kiddin'. When I was a teen in the early-mid 80's we really thought we were doing good to get a really flat table top... maybe a little no hander stuff here and there.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But, I guess it's as it should be... keep pushing the envelope. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yeah it's amazing what they are doing now these days /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif some pretty sick stuff /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

11. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

No kiddin'. When I was a teen in the early-mid 80's we really thought we were doing good to get a really flat table top... maybe a little no hander stuff here and there.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

you also have to look at the change in technology in the bikes.
    I remember back when it was rick johnson and jeff ward goin at it in the early and mid 80s. they were like my heroes and I would do everything I could to be like them. times sure have changed.

I guess the sport has changed the same way in offroading hell in the 80s there was no such thing as wheel travel and major rock crawling.

12. txfiremank5

[ QUOTE ]

you also have to look at the change in technology in the bikes.
    I remember back when it was rick johnson and jeff ward goin at it in the early and mid 80s. they were like my heroes and I would do everything I could to be like them. times sure have changed.

I guess the sport has changed the same way in offroading hell in the 80s there was no such thing as wheel travel and major rock crawling.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeppers, I remember those days very well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Heck, I even still have a pair of vintage alpine stars, they still look great too, despite my many, many hours of riding in em. They have a very interesting history too... Joe Reed, the guy who jumper the 3 helicopters on "that's Incredible" wore them for the jump. I bought my bike from him, it was a bike he had bought for his wife, but she only rode it once in a year. So, he sold me the boots with the bike. I still have my ol Bell Moto III, as well as my old chest protector from back then, along with some of my old jerseys. Now they just stay boxed up...

david Bailey "the little professor", Bob "hurricane" Hannah, Ron Lachean ... man, that's old school there. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif