Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Water coming out of spray gun

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rampage, Jul 16, 2003.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I've got a 32 gallon Porter Cable compressor and I'm trying to practice my hand at laying paint. Problem is it keeps getting water in the hose and sprays it out the gun - obviously not what I want. I'm using a 25ft Porter Cable hose with a Craftsman HPLV gun (this is my junker gun, will be using my Sharpe Cobalt to lay the actual paint). I've got a new Coilhouse reusable water filter that's connected at the tank and have also tried it at the gun. Arrow on filter has always been in direction of airflow. There never seems to be water collecting in the container. What gives??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

do you have a drain plug(or anything like that) on the bottom of the tank thats a good way to let alot of the water out just let the tank fill up with air and crack the plug or what ever kinnda like bleading it let it go for a wile after its done spraying water let it spray for atleast like 30seconds then try painting agin

3. JustHorsinArownd

JustHorsinArownd Registered Member

Is there any air leaking into the process through the trigger area or maybe the cup you put the paint in?? I really can't come up with any other answer unless your water trap is faulty. Prolly not much help but maybe it will trigger someone to come up with the right answer. Good luck.

Allan

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

The out-let is too hot, water is still in a gass form and doesn't have enough time to cool and condence.

Cheep trick,
    Run another 25 foot hose coiled into a bucket filled with water. Then another 25' hose to the gun. Buddy of mine has done it like this for years w/o any problems.

I'm convinced, the water/filter HAS to be sepatarated from the tank. Tapping out of the tank, exp. up-high on the tank, is just too gawd-dawng hot to do any good.

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The out-let is too hot, water is still in a gass form and doesn't have enough time to cool and condence.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That makes perfect sense. A logical explanation /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Cheep trick,
    Run another 25 foot hose coiled into a bucket filled with water. Then another 25' hose to the gun

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'll give that a try. I've got a 50' hose I can use.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm convinced, the water/filter HAS to be sepatarated from the tank. Tapping out of the tank, exp. up-high on the tank, is just too gawd-dawng hot to do any good.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Then where would be a good place to mount the filter? The instructions say that it sould be vertical. Attaching it to the gun would not always keep it vertical, not to mention the make my gun unbalanced. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif