Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

water heater price check, lowes, menards

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Apr 7, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

need to knwo whats best deal on a gas 40 gallon water heater right now at either/both stores, neither are local stores for me and i have no flyer for either, if someone could get me price and number that would be great

the only store locally that has anything is an ACE hardware that is only a couple months old and what they have is way over 200 bucks, in which is insane

thanks for anything

2. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Re: anyone who works at menards or lowes, i need a price/stock check

Try checking online (www.lowes.com) Natural gas heater is cheaper than Propane (LP). Also, if it's located in your garage, set it (water heater) 18" off the floor, on a stand, or 4 line (foundation) block. This prevents gasoline fumes (heavier than air) from reaching the pilot light. The heaters here (Indiana) are getting more $$, because their (Gov) banning production of the "standard" heater, for a sealed combustion style. But, I'm sure there's plenty of the "old ones" left in stock, and didn't see what state you're in, but may not apply. Be sure you also replace the T & P (pop-off) valve ($6) if the new heater doesn't come w/one. Probably looking about $150.00 for heater. Good luck!

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

He's in Illinois. They're even more backwards than we are, so I bet their government hasn't banned anything yet. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

If Indiana was anymore backward.....my feet'd be wet from standin' in the ocean! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    He's in Illinois. They're even more backwards than we are, so I bet their government hasn't banned anything yet. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Driving a truck without your seatbelt on is banned here, but not in Indiana so I'm told.

6. driney

driney 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: anyone who works at menards or lowes, i need a stock/price check

Got home last night to find my water heater spraying everywhere. It rusted through next to the flue. 45 min drive to Lowes, and $268 + tax and a few dollars for misc. and I had hot water about 1:00 am.

7. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Correct, not required on a truck registration vehicle. But they're tryin to change that, which doesn't make sense when you can have 50 kids on a school bus without them?? Big brother is SOOOOO wise!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Hey, ya got it goin!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    If the water there's like the water is here......you'll need another WH, just about the time the warranty expires! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    If the water there's like the water is here......you'll need another WH, just about the time the warranty expires! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that is "just after" the warranty expires /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

LOL....do I hear the "voice of experience"? LOL...ya been there-done that too huh?

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

lowes shows whirlpool 40 gallon gas WH for 228, menards is is almost exact same price over 200 bucks, thats way too much for me right now still, so yhes the prices did go up considerably, so i guess no water heater for me for quite some time longer, damn

they used to be alot less not that long ago.. hmm..

yeah i dont understand the new seatbelt law over here with all the buses and stuff that have ppl onboard that dont have to wear belts since there arent any installed on such vehicles cept for the driver!

very insane..

seatbelt use has always been required in IL the signs have been up for years and years telling you such, its just that police could never pull you over just for not having belt on unless they were pulling you over for something else such as cracked windshield or bad taillight or bad license plate light, etc, but now they can pull you over just for not wearing the belt alone, so anyone traveling in IL wear your belt always cuz you can get busted for it alone, also if you dont have headlights on anytime your wipers are on, raining or not, thats a two year old law now

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

ask around for a "scratch & dent". Might save ya some $$ if they'd have one. or check with a local plumber, sometimes they replace one even though it may be useable when a homeowner just wants to upgrade, might have one in the scrap pile. keep an eye in your local newspaper too, i've seen them for sale there too. maybe you have a good bud with a lowes card that's let you pay $20 a month or something?

lol....too bad some laws don't "jive" with common sense /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

not very helpfull but, thank you for not saying HOT water heater. how can you heat hot water?? i hate it when people say that. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif sorry /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

NP....I learned that in 8th grade.........best 4 dang years of my life!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif