Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Water in my oil, need help

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by travis, Dec 19, 2001.

1. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

Well if you read my post earlier about being stuck in about 4 feet of mud you will see how my problems started. To make it short, I locked up my clutch and flooded my starter while out playing. I just got around to fixing everything when I found a creamy-froth in my oil. I drained the oil, flushed radiator and engine, and started it up again. Only let it run for about 10 seconds. Now I have fresh clean water in my oil. I check compression on all the cylinders and all were fine, 152 psi at the lowest and 165 psi at the highest. Any suggestions? I'm going to pull the heads this weekend. Are there any spots that are notorious for cracks? How about in the block? Any spots in there bad about cracking? I'm lost if I don't actually see where the leak is. Hell, I might get lucky and it's just a head gasket. I could used some suggestions.

Thanks,
    Travis

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've seen and heard guys that hydrolock their engine or take some water in the engine... It takes them a couple oil changes to clear out the water.?
    did you take water down the engine or have lots of water in your oil in the first place?
    my 2 cents before you take the heads off.

[REAL MEN DON"T CARE ABOUT GAS MILEAGE OR RAPID TIRE WEAR!]
    Ryan B.

3. greatwhite

greatwhite Registered Member

just keep changing the oil and in the meantime keep an eye on the water level. if the motor dosent overheat and the water level doesnt go down you should be ok.

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

See if you can borrow a cooling system pressure tester and see if the cooling system holds pressure. If it does, then the water isn't from your cooling system. If it does not, I'd suspect that the hottest part of the engine cracked or warped (which'd be a cylinder head). Did you get it submerged that far?

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

you got to remember that you cant compress liquids. if you took water in you could of cracked one of your cylheads. and flollow steve chin's recomendation.

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

6. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

Damn simple and smart idea Steve. Why didn't I think of that? That's why I love this forum. As far as your questions as to did I submerge it that far, I'd say I probably got a good bit of water up top when I hit the hole. When I finally came to a rest the water was just above the oil pan. It sat idling for a while and I even shut it off and started it a few times (until my clutch locked up and I burned up my starter). Man I'm hoping for something simple. The holidays are keeping me pretty busy but I'll at least try the pressure check tomorrow. Thanks Steve and everyone else for the help.

Travis