Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WATER in T-Case?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blackblazer717, May 18, 2005.

1. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

you know how everyones case leaks and if it dont than their is no more fluid to leak from it.
    well my tail shaft seal seeps a little and i noticed this morning that it looked like dunkin donuts
    poured a large regular down the fill hole cause it looked like coffee with cream and sugar
    coming out my tail shaft. does this mean i got water in my case?

Thanks
    LUKE

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yup....

Water + Oil = mayonaise looking goop!...Either you got the T-case deep enough in a puddle to allow water in thru the vent,or its condensation due to our wonderful temparature swings here in MA..

.I'd drain it out and flush it with kerosene or diesel fuel--( fill it and run the truck with the T-case in neutral at low RPMs)then dump it and refill it with the right lube(some take 90W gear oil,some take dextron ATF, depends on what T-case you have--the full time NP203's use motor oil)...its hard on bearings when they get rusty from water in the oil,and its not a good lubricant after its contaminated with water...get it out ASAP... :crazy: