Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

water in your eyes ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, May 1, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

does anyone know if normal tap water should make your eyes feel burning ? it burns mine, are they too sensitive or soemthing, or ?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Naw, I think most places use chlorine in the water to a certain extent (along with lots of other stuff) so I think it's pretty normal, if you are on city water.

My eyes are super sensitive to Chlorine, if I swim in a pool they get very red and eventually start to itch like crazy, but even tap water feels like soap when it first hits my eye.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I don't think they should burn under tapwater, something's wrong there. Check your house piping, maybe something's leeching into the water supply somehow. If you have a well, your supply might be contaminated with something, but I have no clue how you'd proceed. I know on occasion, sulfur levels in the well water at our family vacation house get so high the water stinks and would probably burn if it got in our eyes.
    I know you can't, but I'd also suggest taking the water to a lab to have them see what's in it. We do that because our house was built in the 20's, so we're checking for lead (from the pipe solder).

I guess I was posting while dyeager ut up his post. I certainly could be wrong, I just never exxperienced it or knew of anyone that had (not like it's a huge conversation piece that I would know anyway).

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

make sure you have the COLD water and not HOT, the hot will make your eyes burn.

j/k you probably have sesnitive eyes. i can swim in a public pool (lots of clorine) and never tell the difference. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

fresh water irritates my eyes too, especially city water, which tends to be "soft" water. i think it really depends on the pH level and acidity of the water as to whether or not it will bother you.

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status