Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Water Leak under dash

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beefcake83, Aug 20, 2000.

1. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Well guys and gals... have a problem. The past two rain storms, I've ended up with a little water in the driver side floor board. Not good for the carpet. There's drops running down the kick panel. Haven't torn into anything yet, but looked and the area around the windshield is dry. My guess is the cowl area. Anyone heard of this problem? Tommorow I'm gonna pull the cowl panel off and see what I can find. Any help would be great. - Gary

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew

2. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Have an 88' Blazer that had a similar problem not to long ago. Would get into my truck after a night of heavy rain & there'd be a puddle on the passenger side floor mat & carpet. Couldn't see any water around the windsheild area either. So I decided to break out the garden hose and find out where the leak was coming from. After wetting her down pretty good, I got inside and peeked up under the dase and notice the water leaking in from the windsheild gasket. Had a craked windsheild that I had been meaning to get replaced anyway. After having the windsheild and gasket replaced no more problem. Hope this helps.

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I'l bet you it's the window gasket!
    Both the 88's I have had leaked there. Couldn't see it but there it was. Had to be a long rain-period too, could never duplicate it with a garden-hose either....dangnabit!!..
    Spend 20$ and get a window-shop to take out and re-install your window with new "window-glue" stuff that they use. That will fix her right upp[​IMG]

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

4. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Water Leak Update!! Found the leak... Turns out one of the previous owners must have hit something while off-roading and now there's a dent on the body at the left upper corner of the windshield. Just enough of a gap between the metal and the windshield seals to let rain in. A little RTV and hopefully it's okay till body work can be done. Thanks for the replies - Gary

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew