Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

water leak?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nc87k5, Apr 29, 2004.

1. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

ok, can someone point out where the main areas for a water leakage, without any visible signs? I filled up my radiator last week and it was about 10 inches low yesterday. I just had the water pump replace several months ago and can't see anywhere that it is dripping. suggestions and what signs to look for?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Heater Core
    Check the oil for water/antifreeze
    Any white smoke in the exhaust?

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

radiator, hoses, frost plug, head gasket cracked head, cracked block.
    look for white smoke in the exhaust, this means your burning coolant, ie: blown head gasket, cracked head or block /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

getting some smoke on the first crank, seems to be a little blueish/white. I know some might be the valve seals. I'll double check it tomorrow.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

If your shure you aren't losing any water through a leak then like stated above I would be watching for white smoke. Another thing is are you adding antifreeze when you refill the rad? Antifreeze has a wonderfull habit of wiping the bearings clean of oil if you indeed have coolant in the oil. I would get strait water in there ASAP if you see milky looking oil on the dipstick.

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif, checked the oil and hadn't noticed it being milky so I'm assuming it's not going there. thanks for all the suggestions, I'll see what's going on hopefully after I get the grass cut tomorrow.