Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Water Leaking In Truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ndestroya, Oct 11, 2005.

1. ndestroya

ndestroya Registered Member

I have had my 83 K5 for at least 5 months gettin it all raedy to go on the trails and on the road as a daily driver. I know water has been gettin in the truck somewhere up front by the firewall, i pulles off the screen that is over where the windshield wipers are and there was stuff caked all in the like leaves and dirt etc. i cleaned it all out with the hose and foundout that is where the water is coming in from and it is all rusty in there. i was wondering how i would go about fixing this problem, since i need to stop the water from coming in.
    Thanks, Josh :(

2. scubahard

scubahard Registered Member

I have this same problem. Water comes poring in and I can see it dripping at the driver and passenger floor foot/kick panels. I have two full size towels on the floor to catch the water and I have to ring them out every few hours when it is raining hard. For the life of me I cannot seem to find out where it is coming in from. Sorry I cannot help you, but can you post a pic that shows exactily where it is coming in from (or describe the location with a little more detail)? I have seen other posts where people are asking the same question with the same problem. Thanks.

3. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

just a quick question do you guys have your hood seal in place at the windshield part of the hood?? just a thought :confused:

4. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem on my blazer and it turned out to be the sealing around the windshield. The frame was so rusty so the seal didn't sealed (can you say that :rolleyes: ) any more.

5. K30Blazer

K30Blazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have the same problem. I think it is the windshield seal too.

6. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My '78 was really rusted around all the vents around the firewall. It's a bit of a beater so I just mixed up some fibreglass resin and poured it down the vent that you've cleaned out trying tp pour it to cover the whole area. Worked pretty good!

7. scubahard

scubahard Registered Member

I will have to look at that part of the windshield a little closer. I guess I can goop a whole lot of RTV around that area.

Hood seal? I am not quiet sure what you are talking about. Everything is still there that I know of.

8. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I get some in mine too. Just a trickle that runs down the kick panel on the drivers side, near the hood release lever.

Funny thing is, as far as I know, I don't really have a rust problem anywhere. I've had the carpet pulled back in the drivers area.. and the floorboard looks as sweet as the bed of a new truck. I guess, I could still have a rust spot down in the area mentioned. I doubt I have any problems around the windshield w/ rust, as it looks nice and clean. Maybe I just have a bad seal. :thinking: ... Might be worth the trouble to re-seal it.

9. ndestroya

ndestroya Registered Member

water in truck

Yeah i know it is coming in from inside the wiper channel, not from the window cause when i put the hose down the chennel to clean it out thats when the water would come in the truck. I am gonna try to fiberglass resin idea and see what that will do for me :wink1:
    Thanks, Josh