Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

water puddle problem bad !!! help me please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Sep 2, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

few years ago we had concreat done between the house and garage. looked o.k. but wasnt done correctly and water drained to the garage and under the footer.:mad:

last month i tore all of it out and had it redone by a guy with good refrences. told him exactly what happened he told me no problem. i can solve this for you.

well all the rain from the left over hurricane has dumped on us in the last 36 hrs. and guess what happened to me.

no the garage is dry and the water has drained off fine.

i have a flodded basement now. :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: worst part is the basement is finished off and has carpet in spots and 90 % of the water is in the laundry room with lanoleum.

1 corner at the basement and driveway and new concreat has a low spot and i think the small puddle is going down the crack and finding a way in to the basement.

now i guess i will calm down and call him asap to come check out the problem.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

mop it up quick!..

I had a flood in my basement when I built my garage..the water that once flowed freely into the woods was now blocked by the garage--while I making a swale in the yard and installing plastic drainpipe,we got hit with 3 days of monsoon rains!---a retaining wall near the house I removed allowed water to POUR into the garage under the house,and the entire basement!...:doah:

My bedroom got it worst--another bedroom and a hallway,the laundry room,and the room the furnace was in were all 2" deep underwater!..I used a snow shovel to push a lot of the water out--then went to Wal-Mart and paid 90 bucks for a 4 hp wet-dry vacuum!..

I laid a thousand sheets of newspapers down on the rugs first,to sop up as much water as possible,and spent the next 2 days vacumming and emptying the bucket--and repeat!..then use a squirrel cage blower to dry the rugs out for 2 days,with the heat set to 90 degrees to help it dry faster!..

We didn't have to change the rugs,but I think it would have been a good idea..mold has been a problem since,and more leaks from the upstairs bathroom helped rot out some wood paneling and mouldings..I fnished the landscaping,and had no further water intrusion,only in the garage under the house a few times when bad storms of long duration occour..our driveway now pitches the water towards the garage instead of away from it,due to frost heaves and settling..I'll have to fix that somehow soon..:mad:

As long as you get the stuff DRY as soon as possible,it should be salvagable-(as long as no sewage was in the water!)..:eek1: -but if water sets there too long,it will be ruined..--mold,mildew,and rot will set in fast..:(

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Start over. Make the edges of the concrete higher, with a trough down the middle for the water to run off.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

it is tapered to fow water. i think it is back feeding between the new and foundation threw the expanshen joint board stuff.