Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Water Pump Q?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MILOLGJC, Mar 23, 2003.

1. MILOLGJC

MILOLGJC Registered Member

I purchased and installed a Bosch water pump into my 76 K-5. Got the device from PEP boys...well it wasn't until after I had it all bolted in that I noticed an opening in the top center portion of the pump above the impeller housing. This opening appears to be about the size of the heater hose fitting that is secured to the top of my engine block, The opening is about an inch in diameter and threaded. There were no plugs included to plug the hole. I called PEP boys and they said the other pump in stock had the same hole. How do I plug this hole???? Thanks. The parts technician...(kindly put)suggested I find a brass plug from a hardware store. Augh!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

use a plug or get a heater hose fitting and run one of your heater hoses to it, and plug the other hole, All SBC water pumps have this hole,AFAIK

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

they arent gonna provide you with a plug with them cuz normally theres a hose port fitting screwed into them, but some trucks dont use that and use radiator hose port instead, so just go to hardware store and get a pipe plug to thread into it

good luck

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

yep, it's 1/2" NPT, so go to the harware store and get a 1/2" threaded plug, warp it with teflon tape, and screw it in.

5. MILOLGJC

MILOLGJC Registered Member

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif