Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

water pump replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beat'83, Oct 12, 2002.

1. beat'83

beat'83 Registered Member

how tough is it to replace a waterpump on a 305?
    looks like a bitch.
    any help appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

The hardest part is keeping all of the vacuum lines and emissions crap sorted out. You do have to remove the PS pump. Use masking tape and put a piece on both ends of a connection with a 1,2,3...etc it makes putting everything back together easier.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

When I did mine, I had to remove/pivot/loosen every accessory bracket off the front of the motor, because for some stupid reason GM has them all threaded into various locations on the water pump /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. If I remember correctly, the PS pump was the hardest. I believe there's a hidden bolt on the PS pump bracket.....

I have no emmisions stuff in the way, BTW. Just take your time and step-by-step. You should also consider replacing all your belts while everything is apart.