Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WATER PUMP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JERRY-DEE, Jan 2, 2002.

1. JERRY-DEE

JERRY-DEE Registered Member

I just changed my bottom radiator hose and I am still leaking water. When I turn off the engine water leaks out on the engine side of the hose. It started off as a drip and now it comes out alot quicker. I am thinking its the water pump but I want to know if it could be anything else. Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks Jerrid

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Look very closely at the bottom of the pump snout. There's a small hole there that lets coolant leak out when the seal goes bad in the water pump. If the coolant is coming from there, then the only solution is to replace the pump. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I would check the gaskets. There is also some kinda release on the bottom side, if that is gone replace it. The water pump should run you no more than $20 anyhow! Just throw a new one in there as a sacrifice to the K5 gods to keep them happy! You do know that you have to throw money at that truck every so often, or else it will get angry, and then get even! [​IMG]

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs