Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Water Pumps

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cityfarmer2, May 17, 2000.

1. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Hey fellow K-5 Drivers looking for information on rebuild kit for water pumps ie bushings and seals for the internal leaking problem. Constant leak out weep Hole. Payed big money for an Edelbrock but I have five on shelf in need of repair. If any info please help.... Thanks Gary...

2. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

Are you trying to rebuild the Edelbrock? They are made to be rebuilt, just call them. They have a kit just for it.

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

3. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

hey cityfarmer, are you in the armed forces? If you are, can you get ahold of a 24 volt ignition system? I heard that they were supposed to be really waterproof.

NEVER been stuck... *yet*

4. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Personally I don't like the ignition in the 24volt system. The only thing I saw that could be considered water proof is the fact that everything is mounted High on the firewall. In this system you have a normal ignition with two 12volt altenators and two 12 volt batterys hooked in series ie ground on first hooked to frame positive hooked to ground on second battery and positive for second battery hooked to a 24 volt bus bar. The only thing that is really different is the 24-volt high torgue starter to turn over that 20-1 compression 6.2 liter diesel. Please look all this up first before you attempt it though. If you are looking for this look into that guy who is selling that military project Blazer in the Blazer for sale section he should be able to give you an idea on everything you'll need from wire harness to relays to circuit cards and starter for that matter. I hope you see why I swapped in the 350 SBC for reliability. Thanks Gary...

5. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

The water pumps are stock water pumps. The edelbrock is doing fine but I really need a spare for those times you are away from home and being here in Korea there just isn't NAPA or Petboys to run to. When your truck is down it is down for awhile.. Thanks Gary...

6. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Send me your exact specs. Year, motor size, everything and I will call around to some of my buddies and see what I can come up with. I may be able to get them for you cheap if I can find them, and send them to ya. Email me at Dieselmh@hotmail.com Later.

Diesel

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.[​IMG]

7. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Still looking for some leads on stock water pump repair kits. I realize it might be as cheap to buy them as rebuild but I like to fix things.