Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Water spots and haze

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by 454k30, Oct 7, 2005.

1. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I have lived in cali for only 4 months but the water from the sprinklers here has done a number on my finish and windows that I cant undo. Even after a good scrubbing I cant seem to get the water spots out of the finish. Do I need to polish these out? And worse yet the outside of my windows now have a permanent haze that I cant seem to get rid of. Any help with removing these problems will be appreciated.

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Easy to fix. Get some 0000 steel wool and some white rubbing compound. You don't need to rub hard. Water spots will come right off. Often they will come off with white distilled vinegar too, which you could try first. Spray on, wipe off.

3. wildbilzrydn

wildbilzrydn 1/2 ton status

I use chrome polish, like mothers.

4. k5baby

k5baby Registered Member

Your Water Spots Are Caused By Hard Water In Your Sprinkler System. Hard Water Is Otherwise Known As Mineral Deposits, Calcium, Lime, Rust, Etc. There Is A Product Called Clr In Any Department Store Where Household Cleaners Are Found. Put Some On A Terry Towel(using Gloves) And Rub On One Section At A Time For 3-4 Minutes Then Rinse With Water. It Will Not Harm Your Paint Or Glass!
    I Am A Sales Rep For A Professional Detailing Product Co. You May Have Heard Of The Brand I Sell Blue Coral. Before I Began To Sell I Used To Have A Detail Shop. Where I Used This Method All The Time.

5. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

ahh you guys all are thinking way to hard, regular household vinegar works just fine. Clr is pretty agressive stuff the 4aught steel wool works well if the vinegar doesnt work. You can also add a little vinegar to your wash water to stop spoting in areas with hard water. When i have to clean old would decked yachts i use vinegar and a pump sprayer to remove the hard water stains.

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Go to your local Napa and ask for "nothin's better" It will be a small white plastic tub with blue lettering and it contains a white powder substance. Rub it on your windows and paint with a wet towel and no more water spots. Best stuff I've found and used it to completely remove all the water spots on my K5's windows.