Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Water Temp sender

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, May 13, 2006.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK, I wanted to put my manual temp sensor in the passenger side head, long story short I had a problem with the plug not coming out so now it is welded shut and no longer an option and it is the only plug on that side. I also only have one plug on the other side that has a temp sender in it for the TBI I think?
    Is there some kind of t-off that I can put in that side that will work with that sensor and my manual temp gauge or should I slap it in the intake manifold somewhere?

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

you could go to a hardware store and get some npt fittings... because of the length of the senders it would have to be a nipple, a tee, nipples of that and then unions... would be much easier to stick it in the manifold.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

driverside should be an electric unit for the dash gauge.. should be able to just pull that and put it in. tps is in the intake.

you can also get a waterneck with a 1/2 npt port in it if need be...

something like this...

[​IMG]

4. CK5

That's what I wasn't sure about, I knew one of the temp sensors was for TBI didn't know which was which, I don't need the electric unit for the dash as I no longer have factory gauges so sounds like I can get rid of the factory gauge sensor there and install my aftermarket sensor.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yep, the one in the drivers side head is the one for the factory electrical gauge, it has some type of 'slide' connector on the wire, like a spade that slides over the end of the sensor. The one in the manifold, for the tbi, should have a plug in style connector, 2 wires IIRC.

6. CK5

Sweet, that makes my life a whole lot easier. :D