Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Water temp sending unit for TBI heads???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey 78K5, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I just finished putting My new engine in MY Blazer tonight. It's a 350 with TBI heads (carbed and HEI). I was gonna use My sending unit from My old engine but the hole in the head is to small to use it. So does anyone know of a sending unit I can use that has the single prong hook up like the old style sending units but that will fit into TBI heads.
    BTW the only parts stores near by are Kragen and Napa so part numbers from there would be cool. Other than that it runs great and feels strong /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'd just get an adapter from the hardware store. Most likely from 1/8" NPT to 1/4" NPT. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

John

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

they make them stock, ask fopr one at parts counter fo ryear of heads and for guage or lights, whichever you have, try for RWD car or whatever you have to until you find one that works, i have a few smaller diameter ones around here, gm was using smaller ones and bigger ones both way before 87-up TBI years, you justr need to go to parts counter is all

4. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

be careful because the parts number person may give you the temp sender in the intake. they have different connectinos. if i can find it i'll post the part number for a 91 sub 350

TSU 155 at advanced auto
    GP brand IIRC

TSU 81 is the other one in the intake manifold FYI