Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

water

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by neverendingproject, Jul 17, 2006.

?

what kind of water

1. bottled water

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. tap water

18 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. I get nekkid in water

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

With costs and everything involved, would you rather drink tap water, or bottled water?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

most bottled waters are tap water. I read an article about it where some scientists tested the major bottled waters. #1 seller Desani and #2 seller Aquifina are both tap water. One from upstate New York... one from Kansas City or someplace like that. They don't do any extra filtration either... just fill up the bottles and sell them. Genius idea really... getting people to pay that much for $0.05 of product (0.049999 being the cost of the bottle and label!).

Every great once in a while I buy a 6 pack of bottled water with the cool pop-tops at Wallyworld and then I just use the bottles over and over. Refill them in the sink. They are good for convenience (in the car etc) because I have to drink LOTS of water (damn kidneys!).

j

3. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

we freeze the water bottle and use them in our coolers.last longer than ice and you have nice clean cold water to drink also. and no mess from melting ice.

4. jekbrown

when the frozen water bottle is about 25% melted that ice definitely has an interesting shape. My wife and I noticed this on vacation one year, lol! Now all I have to do is say "ice dildo" and she laughs and laughs. :thumb:

j

5. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Most people can taste the difference from tap to bottled (and no not flavored bottled water). It really has to do with where you live. My grandma used to live a few houses down from a city tap water purification center and her tap water tasted great. Where I live it tastes well, like tap water. Plus you can get big gallon+ jugs of water for like $0.80 around here.

To each his own.

-Avery

6. jekbrown

no question that some places have crappy water. That said, truly clean water has no taste whatsoever. If you're water tastes... good or otherwise... I wouldn't drink it!

One time I got a drink of some super-pure water. The lab has a jug of stuff that is pretty much the cleanest water you can get... they use it for the HPLC and it has to be clean so it doesn't contaminate samples. At any rate... it really wasn't all that different from your average run of the mill tap water. Granted, I'm no wine tester or anything, but it wasn't that big a deal. Guess that means my local areas tap water is decent.

j

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I don't care what ya say desani is the sh!t, it's sweet, it's bottled by coke, I think they put some sort of brainwashing chemicals in it...:D

8. jekbrown

ding ding ding! Ahhhh the powers of the marketing machine. Placebo is such a powerful effect.

j

9. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I drink tap water all the time, and I know exactly what kind of interesting slime we've got in our cistern, lol

Our water does have a mild taste to it, but I've never gotten sick, and I drink like 2 - 3 litres of it a day...

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

As long as when i freeze the water, and when it melts,,,,i don't see anything FLOATING around in it,,,,and it doesn't taste like copper or steel, i am fine with it...

Found out by doing it, Arrowhead bottled water is NOT the cleanest form of water to buy,,,freeze it, then let it melt,,,,there are floaties in it.

I have been drinkin other brands, freezing them, they freeze clear, and nothing floating around in them when melted.

Now Phoenix tap water?????? you can pretty much get cleaner water out of the toilet, after it's been used :crazy: literally tastes like sheot, and after it's been frozen, you have to damn near chew it up.

11. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We filter the heck out of our tap water and I drink almost 2gallons a day it is good. I LOVE water! Also we drink the Vitamin water they only sell here in CO it is YUMMY! And I drink the Bottled water too because there is an insane amount of Chemicals and spit in our water to day. To much Floride = Cancer and that sucks.

12. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I drink a couple nalgene bottles full of tap water a day. Our tap water sucks, but it don't phase me!

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i noticed that about davis
    the water always tasted wierd
    sac water is ok i guess

my water here is so hard, if i let it evaporate in the glass, it turns the glass white

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

We have a filter on the refrigerator and the tap at home so the water is great. Having young kids around made me want to filter the water, espicially while we were making bottles all day. At the office I drink the tap water.

15. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I haven't drank water from the tap in years. Hollister water has some kind of funk that just scares me.:eek1: I buy cases of water from Costco and have bottled water delivered to my house. Yah, it probably costs too much, but I'd shower in the stuff if I could figure out how :doah:

16. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I miss the water from my house. There is nothing like waterwell water straight from the ground. Living in the city drinkin all this filtered crap, it just aint the same.

Some of the best water I ever had was out of my great uncles windmill. We would spend all day in the Hot Texas sun in July workin in the fields. We would come in for a break and drink some ice cold water from the windmill. Nothin like it. Ahh the memories........

17. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Prior to my complete abstinence of anything French, I used to drink Evian exclusively. My brother-in-law ridiculed me and said they were all the same. So, one day at his house he issued me a challenge. He had bought Evian, Crystal Geyser, and Arrowhead. He also had some straight from the tap water and some home filtered water. He conducted a blind taste test for me to see if I could differentiate between the different waters. I nailed everyone of them. He ate major crow. Some people can tell the difference, some people cannot. And as said, some tap waters taste like ****, like ours for example. I don't drink Evian anymore, but I do drink bottled water. If I am feeling rich, I buy the Tahiti water. Otherwise it is the cheap stuff from Costco. Most companies do filter their water and many add minerals for taste. If you have good clean well water and filter it, then I would go that route.

18. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Well where I live tap water is renowned for its bad taste. Businesses have to install huge expensive filters, because no body will drink tea or water. Personally, I can taste the difference in water, and I really like Fiji water that my mom buys but that sh!t is expensive, so I just drink Ozarka thats like 5.00 dollars per 24 pack. I dont care if its tap water, it tastes better than the sewage that comes out of our faucet.

19. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I filter mine at home with one of those Brita tap filter thingy's. They work pretty well. Most other places, I either use a water fountain or buy a bottle. I drink mostly beer though.:D

John

20. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

x2 on that