Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

watercool VW fans?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by four_by_ken, Jul 3, 2003.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if there are any other water cooled VW fanatics out there?

If so, whatcha got?

I have as a daily driver, an '87 8v GTi. Dual exhaust manifold, Techtonics downpipe and full exhaust. H&R street suspension(inch and a half drop).

Was supposed to be cheap transportation to save wear and tear on the suburban. $1300 car. :-) But, I cant leave anything alone.

Ken H.

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Guess I am alone on this one.

Ken H.

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i like them but i doi dont have any i like them in the raly car sence not need for speed type GO NOS /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. jeffer

jeffer 1/2 ton status

I've had 2 and will have another some day (maybe an air cooled Karman Ghia.) Had a '79 Rabbit diesel pretty good transportation for $200. Left to die in the ice of Minnesota. Recently traded away my '82 Rabbit Cabrio for a sweet welder (grenaded the clutch in the Rabbit and didn't want to fix it.) Still miss that thing on sunny days. It had a GTI 8V in it. Top drop daily driver, got 33+mpg, just had to be comfortable in your masculinity to drive a powder blue bunny convt. Oh well. I'm always looking for another.