Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Waterproof seats and Bedliners

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUB-ZERO, Mar 2, 2005.

1. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Well my 85 K-5 is at Line-X being completely covered in Viper Red on the outside and Black on the inside.Even the dash(minus the pad) is being sprayed Red! I have a question though. I just purchased the Bestop Aquasport Neoprene seats. They are all made to fit a Wrangler. Has anyone put jeep seats in a K-5? Can I use jeep brackets? I sure would love to be able to tilt both seats for entrance to the back. Also I have a Tuffy 12" center console already bolted to the floor so that makes it a little more problematic.

2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Not sure about the jeep seats, but be careful about the seat covers. They may fade and dry rot pretty quickly. What I think is the better solution is to get a set of racing suspension seats like from beard, mastercraft etc. They are a little bit more weather resistant that the seat covers will be.

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

You can also buy waterproof covers for the racing seats. They're intended to be used when washing something like an open buggy, but I've seen ppl just leave them in.

4. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

They are completely upholstered in neoprene and I already got them so I am stuck with them. They tilt and recline and have a pretty good warranty so hopefully I'll be alright I just need to figure out how to mount them.

5. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

has anyone mounted ANY other kind of seat in their K5 besides the stock seat? If so how did you mount it and does it tilt?

6. bayou blazer

bayou blazer 1/2 ton status

I am in the middle of installing some PRP seats right now in the Jimmy. I bought their seat mounts. One slider for the driver's side and one tilt bracket for the passenger side. The mounting location will need to be modified from the factory location. Not a big deal though.

7. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

What are PRP seats?

8. bayou blazer

bayou blazer 1/2 ton status