Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Waterproofing interior

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FL84K5, Jul 26, 2003.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I took the doors off my Blazer for the first time today and would rather not put them on if I can help it since running without them is much cooler. Same with the hardtop. However, I live in Florida, and in Florida it rains. A lot. I plan on striping out the carpet and anything related to that. Will I have any problems running the bare metal until I can afford to line it? What can I do to keep water from harming the guages? Is there some type of water proofing spray I can buy to coat the wiring under the dash? If it happens to start raining when it parked at work with the doors and top off, I don't want to ruin it. Any ideas are welcome.

2. Phreak480

Phreak480 Registered Member

guages and wiring should be fine just the way they are, my 74 blazer has been rained on many many times without it's roof and it survived just fine

3. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Same here, Im also in florida and its outside right now with no doors or top. The top has been off for months now. The only thing that got messed up was the carpet which I just took out anyway, and the seats. The sun will fade your seats, and the rain will make the stitching come apart. Get some waterproof seat covers and you should be good.

4. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

Keep a can of WD-40 handy if you do have any probs. w/ anything getting wet. It's good at drying out wet connections.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

How hot does the floor get from the exhaust with just the bare metal? I can't afford to line it for quite some time since I still need 1 ton axles.