Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

waterproofing

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BPCRJ, Apr 29, 2000.

1. BPCRJ

BPCRJ Registered Member

Is it possible to completely waterproof the cab of an 80's model chevy full size Blazer 4x4. Maybe by stripping everything down to the sheet metal repairing all rust spots and holes then going over every possible seal or opening with silicone then instead of carpet put down some spray down bed liner. These are just some ideas I thought about. But what about the doors? Also what do you think about putting two bilge pumps under the seat to pump any water out the back. Another thing, is it possible to seal all electrical wires in waterproof tubing so as not to short stuff out in water holes. I live in Mississippi, so not many hills to climb but lots of thick mud. ANY advice you have on these thoughts would be greatly appreciated. THANKS Keep up the good work with all the informative articles.

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

No i don't think it's possible.Just pull out the carpet.Line the whole tub.Drill two one inch holes under the seats.Watch out for vitals underneath.Then go buy two expanding plugs like for boats.No one will ever notice them under your seats.This way you can spray out dirt two.Don't spay under the dash.Do the standard waterprofing to the ignition.If you're sinking it up to the dash you might want to buy a boat to pull behind it.

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Sure there is....just dunk it in a tank of rtv....pull it out...wait till it dries...then just cut the rtv away from the places you don't want it...[​IMG]

Kidding!

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]

4. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

Just lift it higher and put on bigger tires so you will stay higher than the water! LOL

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Strip the inside bare and have is rhino lined from top to bottom. Then buy all new weatherstripping and use gasket goop on all bolts you have to put through the floor(i.e.: Seats) this will help but it will not be 100% sealed.
    If you have a cage that goes trhough the floor, leave it in and have them Rhino line over the bottoms. Maybe even leave the seat in and Rhino line over the bolts.

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club