Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Waterpump replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Aug 10, 2000.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I have a '90 Jimmy, 350, w/A/C. How difficult is it to replace a waterpump? Is this one of those, "if you have to ask, you can't do it jobs."

2. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

I replaced the water pump on my K5 w/ an aluminum one to disperse the heat better. It wa a piece of cake just make sure that you clean the block very well and use silicone on the W/P bolts. Also if you have to draw a pic. of how it goes back together. Good luck.

3. MrBob

MrBob Registered Member

Well now...I don't know about a piece of cake...I found it to be an experience on my 86. doable and a bit frustrating because of one of the mounting bolts on the right (facing the engine) was a bit hidden and in a deep "cave" remounting with the gasket was a trick..but this was all done by a non-mechanic in about 2 hours. But not a piece of cake. Of course if the dummy (me) would have taken the fan cowl off when I did the change it would have been a lot easier...Be sure you do that when you change it. That way I can maintain by sole dummy status, and not share the title with anyone else

Red Springs, N.C.
    "I ain't responsible for my crappy typin' or spellin'"

[​IMG]