Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wats goin on? Flexplate and TC wont turn??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shupach, Feb 25, 2003.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

i dont get it, im trying to align them so i can bolt em up but neither is turning the flexplate is actually flexing, i loosened the bellhousing bolts a bit and tried messin w/ the pry bar but nothings happenneing.

need help kinda quick..

phill

2. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

if flex plate won't rotate you might try taking the plugs out and making sure you can still turn the motor over by hand
    also make sure the torque conv. is properly engaging the pump. you can screw up a pump in the tranny real fast if its not right. it might mean you have to drop the tranny to be sure, but if you do it wrong you will have more probs later.
    also, make sure all bellhousing bolts are tight before hoooking up the TC

3. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

Were you installing a new tranny or something ? The first thing that comes to mind if that's the case is that you didn't get the TC all the way back on the tranny and it has bunched itself against the flexplate.

4. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I've always put TC into tranny before installing both together.It has to be lined up right or the pump can be ruined.The three bolts in convertor are last to go in.If you can,slide tranny back a few inches and see if it frees up TC.Hope it didn't hurt pump /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you smashed the pump with the convertor. When the tranny is all bolted up you should have to pull the convertor towards the flexplate about a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to bolt it together. Only reason I know this is I didn't install mine right once not too long ago. Hope it's all alright.

6. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

ya just figured i did that, i hope its alright, we just lifted the engine out a couple inches and re-aligned everything.

thanks for the help.

phill