Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wax/polish

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stus84, May 20, 2005.

1. stus84

stus84 1/2 ton status

This could be considered a general tech ?.... Well it could be pushing it but hey we all use it so when the rigs arnt covered in mud and you have a lot of spare time what is you favorite wax/polish.... As for as polish goes Mothers would be my choice but I am not sure on the wax... It is time to wax the daily driver so I was wondering if anyone had a good one for me to try..

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

For my DD I use Meguiars NXT Liquid I like it alot its on black and took out alot of scratches when I used it the first time. I also used it on my moms brand new honda pilot and it did a good job on her blue, even though she dosent hae any scratches.

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

If you can find "zymol" in the hard wax its hands down the best in my opinion.
    The liquid "zymol" cleaner wax works well but not as well. I prefer Meguiars 3 step wax for finer detail jobs when I can't find zymol. Dark color paints "black" or "midnight blue" Hi-Tech Yellow Wax is phenominal as a filler and scratch remover. I used to spend quite a bit of time detailing vehicles.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner