Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Way Expensive OOPS!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Sep 6, 2004.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Uh, Boss, uh, well, uh, we have a slight, uh, problem, in bay four......

Expensive OOPS

I can't figure out how it got to where it is in the direction it is facing /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I bet that one is going to be expensive.

3. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Obviously fell off the lift...i think it initially just rolled over...directly to the right of the SUV is the lift (parallel). The following pics initially thought, 'whoa hes right-WTF it is angled funny' but theres a cable sliding it around. Accidents happen, hope no one was hurt.

4. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

looks like a MB Training facility

5. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

"Flip it back over!!! Maybe they wont notice.....

6. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Notice all the "suits" standing around in the pictures of it being flipped back over. Thats a good definition of the "aw poop" feeling. lol.

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

"We are notresponceable for damages incourd when on our property, veicals left at own risk."

that is one freaken clean shop, not a spot anywhere, and huge too.

bbwwwwaaaaaaaahahahahahaah /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the guy who bought my 95 pickup was truck shopping because when he took his early 90s Chevy dually into the garage for inspection the lift fell over /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. He paid me with the money from the insurance check. Wasn't a MB but still I'd be more than pissed if my truck were totalled during a routine inspection.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The damage would have been far less had the towtruck driver used his brain. Instead of rolling the thing across the lift causing more damage, he could have used a medium duty truck. All he would of had to do is use two chains hooked from one lower a-arm to the other both front and rear. Then take his cables and hook them to the center of the chains (so he would have a 2-point to 4-point hookup). Then simply raise his boom up untill the vehicle was off the ground, and drive it out to a clearing that was clear of obstacles. I do it all the time there is no since in causeing more damage than necessary.

10. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif That's funny man I was thinking the exact same thing.

I guess once a towman, always a towman.

I was at a Firestone one day and saw a guy do the same thing to someones Grand Am.
    Funny part was I just dropped the car off and was settling the tow bill with the cars owner when it happened.

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Could even go a step further and use a couple of 6" straps and do a controled roll with the with out the vehicle ever touching the ground. My Boss didn't think it could be done untill I schooled his ass with said technique /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've noticed most tow truck drivers here pretty much just trash the vehicle and get it on the flatbed as quickly as possible. Most of the time if it's not on its wheels, they don't really care how it gets back rubber side down.

I aways thought that was stupid too.

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

If the car is totaled anyway, what's it matter if more damage is done to the car? It's not like anyone's gonna take that Mercedes and turn it into a rock crawler /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Aww that cars a 40 thousand dollar POS and it deserves to be dropped on its head /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Dat sucks

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Fred

Wife has a Kraut car, hate it because it needs constant work and if Iput it in the shop, it costs at least 5 century bills. So I get to work on it myself. But when it's right, it drives better than anything I've ever owned. It's a rocket that'll haul more than _ss, as it's a wagon.

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Fred

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

It is stupid for the most part, and most Tow truck drivers are not qualified for the job. I see it all the time they either dont use the right truck, equipment or technique. Sure there have been many time where more damage was gonna happen on some of the jobs I have done, but when its possible I try My best to not cause any more damage than needed.

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If the car is totaled anyway, what's it matter if more damage is done to the car?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Try explaining the extra damage to the insurence adjuster. I have had to do it and some of them don't care for it.

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    If the car is totaled anyway, what's it matter if more damage is done to the car? It's not like anyone's gonna take that Mercedes and turn it into a rock crawler /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That car is not totaled.

Corey,

I agree with you 100%. Makes no sense to destroy what's left of it, even if it is in wreckage.

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

if it was a mb dealership they would just roll out a new one to keep them happy anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

20. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Did you guys catch the mangled cart in the 8th shot.

Those floor lifts suck ! Ask me how I know.