Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ways to achieve lift in the front...?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 8, 2002.

I was looking into ways of achieving lift in the front of my truck, before I start to order my new lift. Anyone have any ideas or ways they know of to lift the front besides new springs, longer spring hangers, or add-a-leafs. I was planning on getting 6" TC springs, Hill4WD hangers, and ORD add-a-leafs. But what other ways are out there to achieve lift in the front? Let me know if you got any..... Thanks
    MODS: I know I posted this in the 2nd gen forum but I am looking to get the most replys, if not ok go ahead and delete this.

1. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

You can also make some "taller" spring perches for the front axle. Basically, they would serve as blocks but since they are welded, they would not have the dangerous characteristics of blocks in front.

2. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Why not just go with an 8" spring pack? To stiff?

3. yea it's just to stiff, I dont want to go any bigger then a 6" spring pack, because the whole reason I am compleatly redoing the suspension is to get more flex. I alredy got those Ford shock towers http://www.coloradok5.com/ranchoreview.shtml so I can put on those 14" travel shocks when I finish the lift. Later

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Jeremy (55Willy) made a drop set for Aaron (AGM73K5)...........very stout and looked tough. You'd need to rotate the knuckles (for a D60) or relocate the perches (for a 10 bolt or D44).

Another option is IF you can find them is use a 'traction lift'.........they were pretty popular a few years ago. Good for about 2" of lift.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I can't take credit for the parts, Rene made the front mount, and I think the shackles were made by a friend of Aarons in Portland..not sure. All I did was install the crossmember/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. Alright well I think I am going to stick with my original, plan. Thanks so your input though, I will look around for a "Traction Lift".

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey Jeremy,

Did you ever get your stereo stuff figured out......? I never heard back from you, so I'm assuming you solved it!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Put a Mog axle under the front of it! Another 5.5 inches of lift that won't sag out! :-)

Hm. Seriously, though, you could do a shackle reversal and put the shackle at the front of the frame. That was cheap for me to do, took about a day, and worth it.

--Rob
    www.exaxt.ca

9. Yea, Greg it keeps cooler now, but when the music is balsting, it warms up a bit but has not shut off on me yet. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks so much Greg. I really do appricate (sp?) it. I am looking forward to going to Hollister again, and I think it would be cool if you would join us. My friend Stu that was with us with the 88 Blazer now has a 4" Tuff Country lift, Rancho Shocks, and 33" TSL's, so we are probably going to go soon and I am going to make sure the weater is good. (Drip, Drip, Drip......lol) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks again Greg.

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That sounds like a plan. The BlazerFest is still a long way off, so it would be nice to do another event before then. My truck is getting to the point where I "trust" it offroad now. No more carb troubles, and the basic suspension setup is working well.

If you haven't looked already, you should check out the pics of my most recent "offroad adventure" in my gallery page. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif