Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ways to turn money into more money, other than investing ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jul 8, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

general question just for the heck of it:

does anyone know any ways to somehow turn money into more money, even if it takes a couple or few years or whatever ? other than investing in markets, etc. ?

hmmm.....

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

US Savings Bonds . Takes quite awhile for them too mature, but very safe in my opinion.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

4. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

sure, give me a hundred bucks now...

and i will give more more back, later /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Real Estate.

Not exactly the best time to buy now, however. Prices are at least really high right now in Wisconsin, and I can only assume they'll go down in the next couple of years. You just have to go into it thinking of it as a money making investment. Don't go putting buildings on it, you'll just get attached and not want to sell.

2 cases of money making in real estate:

My Aunt and Uncle - 10 years back bought 25 acres in mid-wisconsin to ride their horses on, 4 years later decided it was too far from their house so they sold it for a profit of 30 grand. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Some guy I know from hunting has 40 acres in Northern Wisconsin that he bought about 20 years ago for $18,000. He's selling now and just passed up an offer for $90,000. This is undeveloped land keep in mind. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Real estate all the way. Using leverage, you can buy a million dollar house with $100,000 if you have a clean history and a bank that trusts you. Read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki and also real estate riches by Dolf de Roos, both guys know an incredible amount about both real estate and money management.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Panty hose, shotgun and 7-11 = big money or free ride with 3 squares.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Take that money and move to a bigger city with jobs /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'll second reading that book Rich Dad Poor Dad. I'll also second jjlaughner...move to a bigger city w/ more jobs. If you don't want to move, considering commuting to a job in a bigger city even if it's an hour away.

10. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

does it tell you how to pay the property taxes on that
    million dollar house, thats the hard part, /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Well if you rent out a million dollar house, the rental income will more than pay for the property taxes. Funny enough, one of the lessons in those books is not to let the naysayers disuade you.