Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

We all like to think about our next firearm purchase

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Sep 10, 2004.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

But, are you making an investment in your training? The law enforcement members on this site get plenty, I suggest you spend the time, money, and effort to get professional training. Tactical handgun (levels I,II, and III), then tactical or precision rifle. For smoothbore fans, combat shotgun.

You need to find a firearm training instructor in your area.

It's fun to pop off rounds in the hills, but I cannot overemphasize the benefits of real training.

Ask ANY of our active duty personnel or Vets on this site.

My instructor.

tacfire

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree 100%. I'd have to say I'm a better precision shooter than anyone can train into me after my Army training. Only practice will improve my shooting now with rifles at long distances.

The CQB/pistol stuff I'd LOVE to get to take one day.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I wholeheartely agree. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd have to say I'm a better precision shooter than anyone can train into me after my Army training.

[/ QUOTE ]

That Army BS is for the birds compared to the Corps or what we have in OK for LEO's.

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, only 2 responses.

Reality check time guys! Just because you own a firearm does not mean you know how to use it.

Check this out. clicky

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I completely agree, excessive training is a major part of the gun-owner responsibility.

I'm trying to get my dad to hook me up with some of the state trooper trainers (he has some trooper connections). I'm kind of stalled on any training while waiting for my permit though...

6. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

10-4, you and I will be "waiting" for a permit from the elitist Sherrif's in our States for a very long time indeed.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Ummm.. I just got back from putting about 50 hand loaded rounds downrange.Was out at the range at the crack of dawn. Usually takes me a couple of hours to go thru that much ammo in my 308. I can drive tacks at 300 yards. Just getting in practice for deer season. One Shot One Kill.
    Training never stops. I feel one with my weapon again.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I wholeheartely agree. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd have to say I'm a better precision shooter than anyone can train into me after my Army training.

[/ QUOTE ]

That Army BS is for the birds compared to the Corps or what we have in OK for LEO's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might think so, but I personally feel that once you're beyond the basics (breathing, body position, etc) the rest of it takes a lot of practice.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, what he said. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I tend to not be very interested in training programs... cause I was Marine Infantry. but for peeps who havent been active duty or who wanna use types of weapons they didnt use while in the service, training is definitely a good idea. No one "knows it all".

j

10. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

As soon as I turn 21 (6 months from now) I plan on buying my 1st handgun. Probably a Glock 21 or USP .40 then enroll in a tactical program to help with my future Federal LE plans /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, what he said. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I tend to not be very interested in training programs... cause I was Marine Infantry. but for peeps who havent been active duty or who wanna use types of weapons they didnt use while in the service, training is definitely a good idea. No one "knows it all".

j

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never had formal handgun training so I'd say that I definitely could benefit from that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ummm.. I just got back from putting about 50 hand loaded rounds downrange.Was out at the range at the crack of dawn. Usually takes me a couple of hours to go thru that much ammo in my 308. I can drive tacks at 300 yards. Just getting in practice for deer season. One Shot One Kill.
    Training never stops. I feel one with my weapon again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the honor student of this thread!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif