Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

We be ghetto...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 1-ton, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Clicky here: http://media.ebaumsworld.com/pizzafight.wmv

Yet another fine example of the positive contribution, the ghetto culture, brings to society. Now I understand why being "ghetto" is considered so cool and desirable by the youth of today. I know I want to be king of the prison exercise yard now :cool1:.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

notice everyone else just stands around, even after the guy leaves.
    Welcome to apathetic America.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

dood your country is f-ed up!

way to satnd up and be a man there lets just not watch, if we dont see a guy getting **** beat then it is not happaning.....

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That looked painful. I also noticed that everyone else just wanted their pizza. Sucks.

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ive got the actual newscast here that went with the video, they interviewed the guy who got beat and he just said he was ashamed off the 7 GROWN MEN who stood there and either watched or pretended it wasnt happening. All because when the woman cut in line he said to his GF on the phone "Its gonna be a little longer, somebody just cut in line"

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

That ladies and gentleman is what the hell is ****ed up with america, no way in hell i would let that happen to a guy, not only that no way in hell i would let that dude clock me that many times unawanswered, man it just pissis me off to evan watch that:mad: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

7. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: And that POS most likely wont do a bit of time over it either! That MF needs a bullet in the head!

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Joez, did they make any arrests? Where exactly did this take place?

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Yes, this happened a while back, but the guy who did the beating was already on parole when it happened and now is I believe serving 4-6 years for it. The GF was also charged, but i didnt catch the outcome of her case. The news site that had the video is down, looks like bandwidth exceeded. Ive got it on disc, ill look for it when i get home from class.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

What I want to know is this - if someone had a permit for concealed carry and drew on that guy, and the guy

a) continued to beat the dude down, or
    b) tried to go after the permitted guy that drew on him

Would the permitted guy be arrested and jailed? Would an assault as bad as this appears to be be sufficient cause to air condition that a-hole?

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats a good question but i belive the law is you can only use the same level of force that he is using on you, if he has fists and you have a bat, not ok, bat to bat is ok, or gun on gun is ok,

but dont quote me that was just how it was explained to me. and the law is probally different state to state

12. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Back in the day, when I lived down in Alabama that would have never happened. Those uppity (er...people) would have been stomped on by every white face in the in the joint.

To answer the question about the concealed weapon...the use of a firearm would have been legal (mostly) because the guy was being attacked by multiple people (which the law does recognize as lethal), and also the fact that the black male was a very big person (which the law might or might not allow for [very iffy]); BUT you would have probably been sued by every person in the crowd for emotional distress (including the er...uppity people); and if the bullets over penetrated the guy, anything that got hit after hitting the that big uppity er...person, you would have been financially responsible for. That is why you should use hollow-points...they have less likelihood of over penetration.

13. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is total bull**** that everyone just sat there and watched him get beat but then just left him laying there and didnt even try to help him after he was beaten:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

that is what a knife is for, tell him to back off the guy.
    he come at you, slash across the for head he blind b/c of the blood in his eye.

he was huge so maybe it would take more,

you could pled that you were afrade for you life after seeing what he did to other guy.
    i would never have stood for it, my only wory is that the guy was packing, that would suck.

anyone know where it happened? i am thinking detroit but probly not

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

The hardest line lethal force limit interpretation is when a life is in danger. This guy was swinging haymakers to his guys head, that's easily deadly with a temple shot.

Where was this? In SD, the attacker would have at least half the grown men on him and a lot of the women yelling, or even fighting. In CA or NY, if you intervened, you'd be vilified. IMO anyway.

I would have gave a verbal warning with enough space, he comes at me, it's out. He's too big to opt for the buck knife. That's why I carry a bigger knife. It's still deadly force, but it does'n't have the stigma of firearms.

This reminds me of a famous case, but I can't remember the name of the victim at the moment. A woman was stabbed multiple times in front of her apartment, a lot of people saw it and yelled for the attacker to "stop it", but no one did anything. She lay there bleeding for over five minutes, and the guy came back and stabbed her some more. She bled out before anyone even called the cops.

I admit I have a "playing hero" complex, but what is right and just is lost in America, sold to false pride and the illusion of safety.

16. Resurrection_Joe

I don't think .500 Linebaugh hard cast would have gone all the way through that guy

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Wasn't that case noted in Boondock Saints? It was noted in a movie I watched recently and the only ones I've watched in the past 2 weeks were American History X and Boondock Saints.

18. Resurrection_Joe

Oh, also, this reminds me of Columbine

Two kids with little firearms experience walk through a heavuly populated school and start shooting. I can only talk in what if's, but I'd hope to have enough humanity to get a few of the rougher guys I knew in school and bum rush them with a table or something.

Everyday my mentality is happy and carefree, but I keep aware of my situation.

Rules

1. Keep your gun arm free
    2. Be aware of everything around you, everything is a weapon
    3. Be aware of everyone around you, everyone is potentially dangerous

People look at me funny in Walmart carrying 20 bags in my left hand

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

you ever had to use the right arm RJ?

i wonder myself what would i actualy do in the situation?
    would i actualy help that guy (i hope so) (or at the veryvery very least 911)

would i rush the kid with a gun in the school?

whould i run into trafic to throw the child from harm?
    i would like to think i would step up with out thinking.

but i also know it takes a lot of training to think that way not just the desider to do it sitting here thinking about it. our officers of the law are trained to do so and even then they can freaze too.

make you think it you would really have the reaction you would want to have.

20. Resurrection_Joe

No, I've never had to draw my pistol. The closest thing to a defense situation was when I was coming home at 10PM and a car was pacing me. I slowed, he slowed, I sped he sped. When I pulled in he closed the distance to my driveway (right on the highway) slowly. I got the 870 down off the rack and chambered a shell and stood behind the truck. He just kept going, and sped up once he got past me.

There was a time I was really shy about everything. Now I'll basically do anything that needs to be done. I call Stave in Canada, I deal with all the telemarketers, I call and ask so as not to miss opportunities. Some of it came with maturity, some came with working, most of it came with the responsibility of being who I know I need to be.

Pizza situation, I'd have done just what I described above. I'd have backed to the corner in case one of those bystanders decided to tackle the me instead of the offending person.

The kid at school, if he was gunning specifically for me, I'd go for broke. If he was just threatening, I'd try to logic around the situation. If he was randmomly shooting, I'd try an organize something ina bout 5 seconds and then beat his ass with the best weapon at hand. I'd have a moment of conflict in my head, I'm sure.

Traffic, I'd run out, totally, I can take a car, I hope, for another person

If I have bystanders to worry about, those that could be hurt by MY actions, I may take a moment to think about it.

I hope I can be the person I need to be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.