Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

We got rid of the Taurus with a bad tranny for $1800

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by POWERMAD, Apr 8, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Not to bad, I only paid $1000 for it.
    We donated it to charity, Blue book value is $1800.
    It's good for a tax deduction.

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif How exactly does that work? I can't seem to get rid of my Cutlass, and it books between 700-1000. I'm sure my parents would be happy campers if they could get $1000 off their taxes (I don't pay enough taxes for a $1000 to do me any good, it would just get wasted).

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

GOOD DEAL!! there tough to sell with blown tranny's!! When i was a wrench at a ford dealer, I would buy them and fix them. My boss was really cool and would let me use the shop at night and on the weekends to make a little extra!! I just had to keep his boat running well. 2 454's in the hull!!

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I've seen alot of those recently with bad tranny or blown head gaskets for $100-400...

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Just look in the classified ads, there are usualy several outfits that will haul em away, then give you a write off for it.
    I went to Kelly Blue book and checked off all the stuff that was wrong with it and it came out as $1800.
    I printed that out and will send that in as proof as to what the car is worth.
    That car has been at the bottom of my driveway for months, at first it was $500.. then make offer. LOL
    Then I called several charitys and the first one that called got it. They even send a tow truck to haul it away.
    Works for me.