Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

We got us a little snow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

It started around 10 last night, I took this around 6 tonight, they said were half way through weve only got 12+ inches, and are suppose to get 10+ more. In Maryland & DC they are calling up the National Guard. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

It's great over here across the bay too. I've been shoveling all day just to keep up with it. I've measured a low of 12" and 15" in other spots..that was a few hours ago. waiting for the heavy stuff to start up.

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Fawkers !

Man we need some- big time! Ain't never seen it this dry out here.

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

My boss just called......No work tomorow /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

It is really very fun to wheel in. Similar to mud, but you don't spend hours cleaning up afterwards!

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It is really very fun to wheel in. Similar to mud, but you don't spend hours cleaning up afterwards!

[/ QUOTE ]

Insted, you spend hours digging it out of the ditch you didn't see, *cough,cough* not that I would know..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Got 2-3 ins couple times this year.Gets wild with all the SUVs on roads,they're crazy.They don't realize 4x4 don't work miracales,Don't stop much better than others,Couldn't get anyone to go trail riding with me.Go figure?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifBest snow run I ever did was Tincup pass in Col. in over a foot of fresh stuff the last week of June 1988. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Comin' down here, too. It's been going for 2 hours and I think I already have 3 or 4 inches on the truck. I'm bummin; cause my brother has a lawn tractor with a snow blower attachment that he'd come over and do my long driveway with. He just went skiing, so this stuff's on my back now.

9. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

If it makes you feel better... I had my hubs unlocked on Friday night, and we were all heading to our first 4x4 club meeting (we're organizing a club here!). I got one tire in the snowbank on my way out. We have a very narrow road and I don't have the sharpest turning radius. Well it sucked me right in! I was instantly stuck. Had to get out and dig for my hubs to lock them in. Neighbor drove by and proceeded to tease me. I just told him I was "going wheeling". Heehee. Oh to top it off my husband said his truck would have just kept right on going. I told him to show me (his truck is in pieces). /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ah snow... I guess this weekend we will scout some trails in the area and possibly have a number of people up for some snow-mo-wheeling!
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif