Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

We Invaded KansASS Tonight!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 7, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Went out to work today and decided I would just chill and wait for stuff to happen since it was rodeo weekend.

Started racking up traffic stops at a pretty good clip, I never knew that I could find that many old people with equipment violations....................:doah:

Anyway, I finally made it into town, earlier than what I usually do because it was Saturday night of the rodeo and after the night before, I figured I better stick close to help out.

Things were going great, I had filled up the stallion with some precious gasoline and stopped off to get a can of chew and a soda so I would be properly prepared for anything that came up.

I then headed to the courthouse to chat with some of the city guys. We were discussing the pursuit Tahoes and various other serious law enforcement topics. Well one guy had to make a "Code Brown" run, so I was there with a SGT from the city chatting away when we hear the magic words over the scanner on OHP frequency "pursuit."

Now usually when that word is said over the radio when I'm working, I'm lucky if I'm in the same area code, but this time, I was only about three miles away. Bad news it was going away from me, but still close enough to try to get in on it.

I hopped in and pulled out into the street and reality struck, the rodeo had just gotten over and I was downtown. Amazingly I was able to negotiate the traffic and the intersections without a problem and headed out of town. I had two other units in front of me and we were somewhere behind the pursuit itself.

Most of the area agencies I can talk to on the radio, but we only have OHP on scanner, so they have to jump to our channel to talk to us. Didn't make any difference anyway cause this being rodeo weekend, OHP usually brings in about 5 extra troopers to complement the 3-4 they already have on duty.

We finally caught up after about twenty miles, which to come to find out later, some unnamed dude that I work with occassionally had commandeered a PD car that would only run about 110 with a tailwind.:mad:

Since this was a patrol pursuit, there was no way anyway I was going to get my car into the middle of things with the chance of bending sheetmetal cause when OHP gets involved, there's usually a car crash about to happen.:haha:

We headed west for awhile, then the chasee turned north and we headed that way for awhile. While going west, he would only run about 70, but once he turned, he decided to kick up the speed into the triple digits.

A roadblock was setup by the Kansas agency, but the guy, being an unsocialible sort, didn't feel like stopping to chat with them. We crossed the state line and got into town and within about two minutes, the car was stopped, two suspects taken into custody and no one hurt.

Since it wasn't my agency's deal and I was sort of kind of out of my jurisdiction, I hauled ass back across the state line.

Got back to town and found the really good news of the whole thing. The used to be brand new windshield that got put in two months ago got nailed by a rock and is borderline fixable. Of course that will get added into the ole boy's price of fame, but we'll be lucky if we see the money for a new windshield.

I guess I'll just have to wait until something crazy goes down and I show the video to management. The crack is visible on camera and right now it's only about 3/4 of a inch long, probably will get out of control and run right across the video screen.

Final count I believe was eight Oklahoma cops and about four KansASS cops involved..............

:haha: :haha: :haha:

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

KansASS is right >:|

Y'all come up 35 or one of the smaller highways?

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

A smaller highway....................:D

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

AKA dirt road.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Nope, it stayed on pavement the whole way..........................:D

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

speaking of messing with old Lady's

unmarked car had a old lady pulled over, i drove by, and he got in behind me, but i left him at red light:)

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

So let me get this straight, yall invaded Kansas, didnt see anything worth staying for, and went back to Oklahomo? Goddam kansas must really suck if people wont even leave Oklahoma for it...

8. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

Kansas does suck.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Somethings just suck more than others. Of course being from Texas You probably already know that.:D :haha:

10. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Hey, at least Texans can buy full strength beer..... Booyah!

11. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

Hey Bubba,

You might like I drive nightly then here at work... Took a couple of pics for ya.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Pursuit model eh????????????????????????????

I got talking to one of the local PD guys the other night, just by coincidence the same conversation right before the chaos ensued (hehehehe, found out the clown is heading back to prison, he was on probation:haha:) and he really likes it. Tops out about 10 mph more than my Crown Vic, plus the room that he has.

Though in coversation with our resident guru of toys for cops, I found out some interesting info.

I would like to have one still, but would be a little bit more leary of it. Probably wouldn't have the windshield problem during chases, but I have a habit of going ditch diving in my patrol car. I think once I got use to it, it wouldn't be a problem since at one time I drove my K5 like I stole the thing and the cops were behind me.:D