Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

We love our dog

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mofugly13, Dec 13, 2005.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

This is Jesse
    [​IMG]
    Jesse sleeping with my GF, Dorissa
    [​IMG]
    Just being cute
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We brought him home from Oregon the last time we went and visited my brother. He was 2 1/2. We fell in love with him immediately.

We had to have him put down yesterday. We only had him four months, but it's amazing how attached you can get in such a short time. He was my BUD. He loved to go for a trail ride in my Samurai, chase deer and quail, and he'd swim until he was dragged out of the water. Then all of a sudden, a month ago, he got viscious on me. It got worse and worse as days went on, like he wanted to kill me. He bit me real good a few times. We brought him to a trainer, and my regular vet. Then we took him to a highly recommended vetrinary behaviorist. After a LOT of observation of his interactions with me and Dorissa, she said that there was something not right in his head. We tried a lot of exercises to try to work with him, to no avail. When he got vicious with Dorissa this past weekend, we knew we had to put him down. At the vet, he had to take MASSIVE doses of sedatives before he passed out. It was after he passed out that I was finally able to pet him and hug him for the first time in months. I would have held him forever if I could have. He was a good dog. It was only after he got viscious that the original owners admitted to my brother that their 3 year old had abused him with a shock collar, firecrackers, and who know what else. This plus the "short circuit" in his brain made him a "lost cause" so to speak. Any way, we loved him so much, and in only four months. This was the first dog I had had since the family dog died when I was in high school. Dorissa and I are heartbroken. I hope that all of you with the critters you love give them the happiest life you can. Their companionship is priceless. That's all, I'm done rambling

R.I.P. Jesse

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Wait, wait, wait- A THREE YEAR OLD???

Little **** needs some heavy-handed parenting. :angryfire:

3. gauder

gauder Banned

Sorry to hear that brother. I've got 2 dogs now, but my one boy is 13 now. This dog is my best bud, and stayed by my side and wouldn't leave me when I was recovering from a horrible accident. I hate thinking about "that day", but I know it's getting closer and closer.

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I feel ya man.
    My cat died on Holloween. I have had her since before I was born, she used to sleep in my crib before I was born and continuted to always do so after I was born. She spent all her time with me and even had her kittnes in the crib right next to me. Me being a only child made her like a sister to me. She was always there to sit on my lap or for me to cuddle at night. I still think about her every day. Her dieing was the hardest thing I have ever had to go throuhg in my life. It still brings a tear to my eye this day to think about it.
    All you can really do is just try and move on. I still havent let go fully but I am getting there. I try no to think about it to much.
    I am 18 yrs old. She died at the age of 19.
    My prayers are with you.:(

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Sorry to here that Brother.

6. aldrichg9

aldrichg9 Registered Member

x2

Sorry man

7. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That really sucks. Good dogs are hard to find, we have two labs and I dont know whats going to happen if one of them goes. I may be able to help you out on a pup next summer.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear that. People can really screw up a god dog. A 3 year old that is already screwing dogs up (apparently with the knowledge of the parents) will no doubt be a pleasent adult.:rolleyes:

9. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I believe they call them serial killers.

Sorry to hear about your pup :(

10. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Big question, how are the parents treating that 3-year old? Are they being mean to him?

Anyway, first good dog my dad had got messed up when the grandfather (dad's side) insisted on having him fixed when he was way too old to be fixed. Dad tried to stop it, but grandfather went and had it done behind his back once while he was away. Dog got vicious shortly afterwards and dad had to get rid of him.

11. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think the parents need the shock collar....

Sorry for your loss.

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

R.I.P. Jesse, I'm truly sorry. I will definatly charish my dog more now.

13. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Such a bummer:( . It is soooo sad that that had to happen, I feel for you bro.

14. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

wait wait WTF... what parent lets there three year old play with firecrackers? thats just f**ked up....

I have only had my dog for a month or so, and she is amazing. Dont know what I would do without her (other then sleep through the night).

15. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

This kid is a little sh!t. He's four or five now. His mother thinks he's an angel, his dad has some idea of what he's really like.. My brother watches the kid all the time. He's the one who told me the kid is a little terror. I'd like to put the collar on HIM for a day or two.:mad: I think the parents know a little more about what happened to Jesse than they want to admit. Jesse was such a good looking dog, everyone who saw him would say so too. It's too bad.

I would have NEVER chosen a Springer for a dog if I was puppy shopping. I thought they were kind of 'foo-foo". I always wanted a yellow lab. But when we visited Brian (my brother) in Ore. this summer, we met Jesse, and we brought him home. Like I said, we fell in love with him, and his 100-mph wagging tail, smiling eyes, big ol' tongue hanging out the side of his mouth all the time. He was always sooooo happy to see me when I got home from work. He trusted me completely. Then one day, it was like he didn't recognize me, and I couln't go near him. When he was put down, I at least got to pet him and hug him again, I know he didn't really hate me. Everyone we talked to said it was a dominance aggression problem, but when they observed the interaction he had with me, they all agreed he was not right in the head. So sad, there are tears in my eyes as I type this. I want another Springer, but we will get a pup and do it right.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas.

16. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I'm having to come to grips with the fact that I may have to put Cassidy down LONG before I thought she would go....she's in so much pain I can't even squeeze her anymore. It's amazing how much of an impact the simple companionship of a mutt can have on a person.

17. TexasA&Mblazer

TexasA&Mblazer 1/2 ton status

I feel for you brother. After my basset hound passed away in april, all I could think about was how much I wanted her back. You and your dog will be in my prayers! :(