Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WE MUST ENTER THIS COMPETITION. ( ultimate Machine Combat)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

its a New TLC thing they're coming up with... <a target="_blank" href=http://www.ultimatemachinecombat.com/>Ultimate Machine Combat</a>

it can't be too hard to throw something together with all the spare parts I know we all have laying around, and all the welding/engineering skills we have. to top it off, they'll give us money to build said mahcines of doom, money to fly over, money to ship the machine, and money for food while we're in england for thier taping. the basic breakdown: we have 30 days to build a killer machine, which we must then be able to use in various technical tests of strength, endurance, and skill, including a battle to the finish with the other contestants.

all I can say is: I have a spare 12 botl rear to donate, and possibly a sub frame/tub...

anyone in the AZ area interested in this sucker? ( for that matter, anyone at all? ) we should enter as many teams as we can IMHO...

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I'm picturing a Blazer frame with big-block and Rockwell military axles and T-case. A diamond plate steel body for strength/survival, then cross-breed in some parts from a HUGE FORKLIFT to cause some MAJOR Carnage! Heehee!

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yah, ed's inspired me... I'm thinking a big ole payloader with the bottom of the tub cut out, so it's basically a steel wall... I know a guy that uses a payloader converted to forklift in his wrecking yard... NOTHING gets in that things way... He literally uses it to flatten stuff for the recycling container... Talk about power, too. That thing can carry a stack of crushed vehicles without missing a beat...

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.