Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

we need a blazer project support group!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Apr 24, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Ok many of us have ongoing projects that would be done if we had a team of fellow CK5'ers to bust it out in a weekend or two.

So we should set something up similar to monster garage, get a team of people who have certain skills, vote on a project from a list and choose a time to assalt the project and get it done.

If we posted up people who have a project and the parts/money we could find the ones that are the best canidates and pull all of our resources together.
    The person who host the project would be incarge of supplying the workers with the nessesities such as beer and great food, pizza or whatever. I know I have half the crap for my blazer such as disk breaks, paint and assembly just waiting to be done. With a group, who didn't charge we could just bounce from one rig to the next and everyone would get help on there projects, provided those who recieved help committed to keep giving help to others in need. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So what do ya think, I hink I need 5 cases of beer and I could get marve and rob over here to my house, come on guys /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Maybe a GM support group (Not all of us have blazers) .....Sounds good as long as theres lots of pizza and beer .....Coors that is ..Tucson's 4-1/2 hours from here ........thinking.......beeeeer...mmmmmm. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

I'l work for BEER

4. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

I'll do your disc brakes, that'll cost one dozen hot wings and a six pack /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

no really though, I'm all up for it, pm me if you feel inclined.

5. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I think we need a state by state response team. That way when someone needs a hand in a state we can send out the state team to fix'em up. Kind of like a statewide pit crew. I am in Oklahoma and am just now starting to meet some of the locals. I can do just about anything if I put my mind to it, but prefer wrenching and painting. Anyone up for forming a F.O.R.T (fellow Okie response team). Again the owner of the rig that is being repaired is responsible for beer, pizza, and band-aids.

6. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I can weld and do exhaust. Thats about all im good for. Not a bad idea though. There are many guys out there with special trades. Get them all together for a day.......

7. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Saw the title and I thought you were talking about a different type of blazer support group. You know, one that starts by each member saying.... "Hello, My name is Matt".... everyone, "Hello Matt". "I have been a blazer abuser for 10 years now. I currently have two and they are both less than 50% original". everyone "That's OK, the first step in you treatment is admitting you have a problem!" /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I would never earn any milestone pins. Couldn't stay out of the jegs catalog for long enough. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Well if ya want to get together, one day it sounds fun, I just realize more gets done when there is not just one person wrenching. I have the parts, I have the stupid $20.00 socket just need to get it done, as well as getting the timing set.

I was more refering to getting a group together who all have work to do and helping eachother out one rig at a time, and since (most) dont wheel in az during the summer it is a prime time to work on our trucks, similar to the people back east who work on them during the winter/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. khotmer

khotmer 1/2 ton status

I love the Idea. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I actully was thinking of doing something simmilar only for household fix ups. My wife is in a Moms club that meets weekly ..My thought was for all they husbands to get toghter and work on the "Honey do list" around the house .. you know new deck, privacy fence, leaking tolit stuff like that. But I really like the K5 Idea as I know there Are times I could use some exper advice/help.