Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WE NEED HELP IN VEGAS!!! One last update.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by rick88blaze, Mar 21, 2004.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

As most of you know I'm in S. Korea right now, and I won't be back until next year. The problem I have is this, my wife took my K5 to the tranny shop about 2 weeks after I came over here. It has been 4 weeks now and it still is not fixed. It is under warranty because the same shop rebuilt it last April. She made the mistake of giving the receipt to the owner. I know my warranty was 12 month or 12K mile on parts and labor. He won't give her the receipt back, and he says that the warranty is only 90 days on labor, and 12 month on parts. She has talked to a couple of lawyers and they all have referred her elsewhere. The owner is wanting us to pay $200 for labor to get it fixed. I want to fight this guy, but I can't do much from over here. If anybody can offer any help or advice it would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks,

Rick

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Re: WE NEED HELP IN VEGAS!!!

Can't she call the police? I bet they wouldn't be able to help either. She should stroll up in with a shotty. That could just be bad news though. Call the BBB?
    Sorry. Having a drunk'n arguement with myself.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

If I was there I'd definitely step in to help.

C'mon AZ peeps! Somebody needs to step up to help out a CK5 brother!

4. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

me too if i wasent in seattle i would help you out man, well i have been meaning to take a trip to vegas but getting time off work....ya right.

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

"lasvegas" is an attorney there - haven't seen him much on the boards, but he has an email listed in the User section. Bet he'd help another CK5er.

6. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

Hey.... Try and get a few fellow wheelers to meet in this guys drive way and nicely "ask" if he might reconsider. With all the potential customers he might reconsider. Ask Steve (Mr.CK5) if he could find a few members in LasV.
    here are some other Vegas clubs
    http://www.nufwa.org
    http://www.snlc.org
    Las Vegas Jeep Club pwdaura@earthlink.net

7. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Do you have any Air Force buddies back home?

8. rick88blaze

A couple of friends have been trying to help her out, but it hasn't done much good. She is getting the truck back tomorrow. But the guys is still saying that we owe him $200 for the repairs. I told her that when she picks it up to try to get the receipt back again. If she can get it back it will straighten out the matter of what and for how long my warranty covered the transmission. I'll give you an update in a day or 2. Thanks for the advice and help. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rick

9. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

You should have her pay the $200 and then put a stop payment on the check or credit card. That way you will have the vehicle back, and it will give you more time to go after them through the legal system.

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You should have her pay the $200 and then put a stop payment on the check or credit card. That way you will have the vehicle back, and it will give you more time to go after them through the legal system.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably the best action you can take right now and deal with the legal issues after that.
    I am here in vegas and am part of all the clubs down here but that probably wont help much.
    if you have any ideas of what to do post up and I will help you out with whatever I can.
    good luck

11. vegas76k5

vegas76k5 Registered Member

Rick, Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Is the problem resolved? What shop is it any way? If I can do any thing to help, send me a PM. Hope S. Korea is treating you well.

Mike

12. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Id file a police report for theft of her personnel property and at the very least that "PIECE OF PROPERTY " is worth 2000.00, the price of a new tranny /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Id post his number, we all have cells with free minutes right? well, ill be glad to bombard his phone:) my 10 year old knows what redial is, he'll realise it isnt worth it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. rick88blaze

alright, here's what's going on now. she got the truck back and according to her it's running fine now. she is going to have a couple of buddies of mine drive it to see what they think too. as soon as they drive it and give us their opinion, i'll post up again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OH YEAH, THE PLACE IS CALLED RED'S TRANSMISSIONS, it's located on nellis blvd, i don't have his phone # anymore though. as long as my truck is fixed, i think we're just going to drop the whole thing. my wife not only has this to worry about, but she also has to get everything ready to get our household goods shipped up to Nebraska next month. and she has to get herself and our 3 kids ready to move up that way too. the less she has to deal with right now the better she has a lot on her plate and she has to do most of it by herself. thanks for all your help and input! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

rick

14. rick88blaze

mike,

sorry i never got a chance to meet up with you before i left. did you ever get your u-joints changed out?

rick

15. vegas76k5

vegas76k5 Registered Member

It is to bad we didn't get to meet up, but I just had to much BS going on thanks to the psycho ex. I did get the rear end swapped out and new u-joints installed. Still have not had a chance to pull the cove off the 44 in front. In case I didn't tell you before, thanks for all the help/advice. It would have taken me A LOT longer with out.

Did your wife end up paying the tranny shop to get your truck back? Did she get the origional reciept back too?

16. rick88blaze

Mike,

I'm glad I could help out. You'll have to let me know how things worked out on your truck. I'm also sorry we didnt' have a chance to meet up. I was looking forward to meeting you.
    My wife paid him $60 so far. She's supposed to let me know how things work out in the end. I'll post up when I find out what she ends up doing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick

17. rick88blaze

One last thing about my truck in Vegas. My wife has decided to store it out there until I get back. When I leave here next February, I will fly into Vegas and take a few days and tune it up and go through it. Then my dad is flying out there and we are taking a road trip up to Missouri.

I will post up on here shortly before I fly out of here to Las Vegas. Hopefully I'll have one day for a wheeling trip before I have to drive out. So try to keep the first weekend in February '05 open for a day of wheeling in Las Vegas. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rick