Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

We need K5 control

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

In the last couple of days, there have been people that have used K5's in crime, with a couple of these cases making it on the news. Now I must confess, I'm scared of people having access to these "assault SUVs" and I believe that private party sales should be forced to go through a licensed car dealer. From here on out, I will not trust a driver of these evil doers of crime. Further, I propose that for a K5 to be listed on the proposed "Banned Assault SUV list", that standards must be adopted. First, for a K5 to be classified as an "assault SUV", tires other than the stock size and tread will force a listing, an engine that has in anyway been modified will make the listing. The last standard for listing will be if the owner of the K5 is a conservative gun owner who regular goes off established paved roads. With this new law, I believe we can cut down the crime that is being committed with the aid of these vehicles.

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

How bout a 3 day waitng list before you can buy a K5?? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I believe that private party sales should be forced to go through a licensed car dealer

[/ QUOTE ]
    Roughly translated: Please, bend America over some more. Sure, lets give Dealerships MORE ungodly money for doing squat.

From here on out, I will not trust a driver of these evil doers of crime

[/ QUOTE ]
    I bet you REALLY freak when you see a 4 door sedan then dont ya! now theres a crime wagon! just check the statistics and history /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

tires other than the stock size and tread will force a listing, an engine that has in anyway been modified will make the listing. The last standard for listing will be if the owner of the K5 is a conservative gun owner who regular goes off established paved roads.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Reply: [​IMG]

I believe we can cut down the crime that is being committed with the aid of these vehicles.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I didnt know this was a new national problem? wow, a wheeler against k-5's... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Bubba Rays got one hooked, reeler' in Bubba! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

They're getting to be the cholo/gangbanger vehicle of choice around here - must be nationwide too /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Gangbangers huh? Wait until the write-up for Blazerfest comes out. We had a little encounter with the Nortenos, but it wasn't bad.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Sucka. Reason I wrote that was because of that chase in LA a couple of days ago, I guess the bad guys were in a K5. Then last night, up here in the valley somewhere, some criminal took off and the vehicle of choice was a K5.

8. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Im just sitt'n here LMAO @ your ideas on creating new laws,
    CONSIDERING 99% of all crimes are committed with a stolen vehicle,
    Im sure your ideas will work well ............. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

In scr*wing only innocent citizens out of hard earned $$$$$$.

9. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

yea k5 are preaty easy to steal, they prolly steal a k5 cause it can fit more "criminals"...............

10. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Don't forget about the instant background check - or maybe an eight hour
    training course to see if you're "qualified" to own a K5! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Actually, a K5 might be a good vehicle to be in in a hit and run... When the electric fan falls out and stays at the scene, they'll be trying to track down a Ford thunderbird... Or a piece comes off the D60, they'll be looking for a 1-ton chevy truck... Etc...

12. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Mine would really confuse them since the fan is an off the wall Lincoln MarkVII similar to the Thunderbird with different part numbers ... wooo haaa haaa

13. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Yeah and 90% of all crimes are comitted by criminals /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

14. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

... and everybody in prison is innocent! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif