Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

we now have a subaru-we now have a vw and no suby

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by SHAWNSTER, Jul 19, 2004.

1. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

now that i sold my blazers, it was time to start looking for a bigger, and better car for my wife to carry the baby in. so we have been looking at all the car comps out there and we ended up buying a 01 subaru legacy L -fully loaded with leather sunroof -etc-super clean even has chrome rims(haha) this car handles really well-like a vette awd 4 cyl
    -so now i am driving the other ricer-93 acura integra-hurts my back to get in and out of-oh well-thanks for listening-ricers rock-not really

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Re: we now have a subaru

Been thinking about getting a Subaru for my wife. Prolly going to sell the Monte Carlo and get one of the new Turbod 250hp Legacys. They are a nice car Handle well and are fairly fast. Looked at the new supercharged Monte Carlos but I like the Turbo Legacy a lot better.

3. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

Re: we now have a subaru

They are a nice car Handle well and are fairly fast-----YES SIR the day we bought it -we were on are way home and i was coming to my street to take a right and someone was watering the yard -water in the street-i gunned it and lit all 4 tires up for about 4 secs then they grabbed-it was cool

4. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

turns out the subaru had been wrecked and vandalized. $3200 roughly in damages for the wreck and $8k-yes $8k in damages from a vandalism-none of this turned up in the carfax report.and of course the dealer didnt tell us that-my wife found out when she was calling for cheaper insurance and they ran the vin #-so we took it back to the dealer and luckily they gave me my down payment back-so we have been looking and last night we found a nice vw passat-fully loaded with 40K certified and they even beat my banks intrest of 7% and i was able to get 5.9% through vw-sheeze-its like a mercedes, leather -sunroof-heated seats-privacy screens-its got the turbo 1.4 4 cyl-anyway-sorry for the long post-luckily it all worked out in the end

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Congrats on your new car /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I bought my daughter a 01 VW Jetta with the 1.8 turbo. She has had it since Febuary. Been a good car so far, very fun to drive with the Turbo. Has leather and all the good stuff too.
    I think the 1.8T is the best engine. Its made by Audi, same as the A4. Gets better gas milage than the VR6 and has the same or better performance. VR6 has better low end tho.
    The 1.8 is also very easy to mod its not hard to get them up to 225 hp with a chip/exhaust work.
    Beings you have a VW go here:http://vwvortex.com
    Best and biggest VW site on the net. Their forums contain a wealth of info.