Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

We went wheelin'-PICS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ktedesco, Jun 13, 2004.

1. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

We went wheelin\'-PICS

John(firefighter184), Morgan(EvilK5), and myself took the K5's to China Wall today. John's friend also took his stock Toyota Land Cruiser up the trail (that took guts, he has only owned it for a month /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif, there is an interesting pic of him) My wife also wanted to see what it was like to be in the drivers seat instead of the passenger seat so she wheeled my DD Honda Passport /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Check out the pics.

Pictures

2. jester

jester Registered Member

Re: We went wheelin\'-PICS

That's why you don't have running boards on a 4x4. I guess he really did break it in on the trail. Looks like you guys had fun. I wish I could get my girl to try wheelin' sometime.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Nice pics /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Great Pics Kevin! I might have convinced Tim to pick up that Ramcharger, if his lady let's him live thru the week. Are you busy next Sunday? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Cool photo's Kevin. Looks like you guys had a blast. I wish I had a rig that could tag along /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

That was a good time Kevin, wish I had a FI set up, I hate the carburator. Nice pics! Hey john you going to post yours?
    Can't wait to get out again! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. firefighter184

Probably won't post them til later this week, but I can e-mail you a couple if you want. I burned off a couple of CDs for you and Kevin of all of the pics I got. I'll bring them next time we go up. We should all plan a camping trip for mid-July, what do you think?

8. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

Sounds good to me, I have to check and see whats going on.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Sweet pic's, looks like some beautiful country. It's too damned hot here in Vegas to wheel. I will be up in the Utah mountains this weekend though /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Nice to see some stock vehicles get some action, take care!

10. firefighter184

Tim's lady never saw the damaged running boards. He took 'em off as soon as he got home and put them in the trash. She never noticed until she went to get in last night, and he told her, "well, I was afraid I would wreck them on the next run, so I took them off. They are in John's garage" Let me just tell you, that is a lie. They are in a dumpster around the corner from my house. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

11. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gifThat is walking on thin ice /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. firefighter184

No, he's through it. He's under the ice. Spent all day yesterday looking for somebody who sells/makes/installs a lift for that thing, and apparently, nobody does. Might be a good magazine project for somebody, but it doesn't look good. He's really bummed. That thing would look cool with 35's. Probably wheel better too /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

Hey John I checked and found a two inch lift for Tim. The company is called Battlez, its like $500.00. The web site was Auto Works /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. firefighter184

Screw Tim. Everything was hunky dory last night as I pulled into the firehouse parking lot. One of the guys was saying how tough my truck looks with the top off, when he stops and points at the ground underneath. Yup, buckets of ATF. Tranny has now officially sh*t the bed. Can't afford a new/rebuilt, so I am out of commission. When it rains it pours. I'm going to steal Tim's truck and wreck it just so I have somebody to sit around and pout with. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

WTF!!!Did you check it out. You sure it isn't a leak in the pan, cooler line, or something easy.I sure hope it is nothing too major. Let me know if I can help.

That really f#&@*ing sucks! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

16. firefighter184

I think the pump grenaded. Tranny has been spiralling downward for a couple of months, and after pushing it this weekend, I should have known. Hopefully I'll have the money to fix it by mid-July /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

There goes my summer... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

17. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

That sucks, let me know if you need any help. If you want I can see what my discount would be through work or I have a tech that is good with tranny's. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

18. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Pull the pan and look for metal shavings. If you don't find much and the fliud is good you may be ok. If it is the pump that let go, they are super cheap($30ish bucks after core) and easy as hell to replace (once the tranny is out). That may get you by until you can afford to have it rebuilt.

However, a rebuild kit is $125-175ish and it can be done in your garage with tools you probably have lying around. I can be frustrating your first time though.

19. firefighter184

Hey Morgan, can you check into what your tech would charge me and how much a new/rebuilt would run?

20. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

John,
    What tranny is in it? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif