Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weak Links

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by airemdwn, Jun 1, 2006.

1. airemdwn

airemdwn 1/2 ton status

I purchased an 87 K5 to compliment my 74 K5, to use as a daily driver mostly. Anyway we are talking about a stock blazer with a 5.7liter, REALLY stock! 105,000 miles on it and still has working AC! Well i did a quick run through,,, leaky valve seals good compression no unusual bottom end noises, pretty solid.
    So this morning it starts puking antifreeze from the back of the motor luckily for me i cant see where exactly its comming from and were having nasty rain and thunderstorms now. Well im just wondering if anyone knows any weak links on these 87-95 350s, Somewhere to start the search and for me to stress about overnight! Maybe heads like to crack on these? Manifolds? Something Chevy switched on me like the coolant tube on the passenger side rear of the motor?

Thanks to all.

2. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Passenger side rear? Heater core?

3. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

Not sure about any "weak links"....but I'm wondering if a freeze plug might have popped. Just a thought...hopefully it's nothing serious like a cracked block/head.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

A/C you say??

Some trucks with A/C have a hot water control valve in one heater hose,or screwed into the intake manifold..might be lucky and have that turn out to be leaking,and nothing worse!!..they are mounted near the firewall ,either in the heater hose itself,or on the rear of the intake...:crazy:

Hope its not the freeze plugs behind the flex plate..time to pull the motor or tranny out if thats the case..:doah:..