Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

weather proof system

Discussion in 'Audio' started by BranndonC, Dec 22, 2005.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I figure its been posted before, but until I find the info I need, I thought I'd post this
    What I want
    A system that I can hear over the freeway noise while doing say 65 with no doors. Doesnt have to be crystal clear, just something I can hear and sing along to.

What i'm thinking
    MP3/CD head unit
    some boat speakers these are the first that came up in google
    i'm thinking 2 6x9 up front, and 2 6x9 near the rear seats. Or maybe just the 2 up front.
    I'd prefer not to have an amp, but if i had to have one, I'd have to make sure it'd be weatherproofed if i ever got cought in the rain.
    anyone have recommendations?

seems the only marine mp3 players are sony, and pile

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

tall order..... Im guessing that without doors your also topless.... you may want to get a Jeep overhead rollbar mounted speakers closer the speaker is the less power you'll need...... [​IMG]

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i forgot to mention i dont want to look like a freak :haha:j/k man, but that thing sticks out like a sore thumb, but you did give me some ideas for something integrated into the cage when i get one

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I was thinking of the ones that looked more like the older jeep one that are mounted to the rollbar and pointed down over the driver and passanger seat but didn't find a pic of one... If I run across a pic I'll post that one too.......

5. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

6. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

However, as long as you coat normal wooden boxes with rubberized coating....or even decent paint....you shouldn't have to worry too much about them water-rotting. If you buy a carpeted set of boxes, coating them wouldn't be too much of a job either....