Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weather striping question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blaz72, Oct 14, 2003.

1. blaz72

blaz72 Registered Member

Does someone know were to get a hole werther stripping kit for a 72 blazer. Or do i have to buy in pices.

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    The only packaged "kits" I've seen offered were from LMC.And even then you'll still need to buy more to replace ALL the weather stripping.

All the other co.'s sell thing individually.

On average I'd say it will cost approx. $350-$450 to replace all your weather stripping.

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Either LMC or Chevyduty carry complete kit's, it will save some dough to buy it that way. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

www.lmc.com
    www.chevyduty.com

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    The only packaged "kits" I've seen offered were from LMC.And even then you'll still need to buy more to replace ALL the weather stripping.

All the other co.'s sell thing individually.

On average I'd say it will cost approx. $350-$450 to replace all your weather stripping.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I wish!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last time I priced weatherstripping, it was close to $500 just to do the ones on the hardtop!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif If you're trying to replace ALL the seals, there are going to be some obscure ones that are hard to find (and expensive even if you do).....the vertical tailgate seals come to mind. They are clamped behind a thin strip of metal, and have a "foot" that comes out from the bottom to seal under the floormounted strip..... can't say that I've ever seen one in a catalog, but I'd like to know if anyone else has!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Greg,
    I was trying not to scare the guy.Your right...the total price would be more towards $500 than $350.

I've got the tailgate seal but have not seen the "vertical" ones.

Here are the strips for those who don't know what they look like.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Now I'm kinda bumbed I threw mine out /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    They were rusted but could have been fixed by someone who really wanted them.

I hope I have made up for it by sparing other parts my abuse by giving them to you and Greg /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have gotten better about keeping all the small parts but sometimes you just have to clean house (I reciently junked my old bent up rear bumper along with the brackets...but that is different because you can buy them new).

It has been hard for me to strike a balance in junk it vs. keep it.

7. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I know that I have seen weatherstripping kits on ebay before. Don't know the quality or if they guarantee their products or anything, but just another idea.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. blaz72

blaz72 Registered Member

Thanks for the help guys