Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

weatherbug help?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by four_by_ken, Oct 21, 2004.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I am wonderng if anyone has an install file for weatherbug that is newer than version 2.7?

I got a new computer at work and I want to install it again... but they block the download site on weatherbug.com
    weaterhbug no longer has a downloadable install file. Its a download and install at once.

But, if I can get an older version it will auto update to the new version and that works from here. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I have version 2.7 here, but it is too old and doesnt auto update anymore.

Can anyone help?

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Weatherbug is spyware. Ususally why big companies wont let you have it..

John

3. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Do not install weatherbug. Are you crazy, never install any of that [censored]. If it's on the internet and free it is either spyware or has a virus. Just go to weather.com

4. four_by_ken

I had it on my computer before and it worked great.
    Here they block all kinds of websites. I am lucky to get on CK5.

It always worked, but just not the download page. So, I downloaded it from home and e-mailed it here and installed it. works great. now a new computer and I dont have a new enough version at home anymore. so, I need one from someone.

5. four_by_ken

yeah, whatever. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

So, my question still stands... does anyone have a version of weatherbug that is the full exe install that is newere than v2.7?

[ QUOTE ]
    Do not install weatherbug. Are you crazy, never install any of that [censored]. If it's on the internet and free it is either spyware or has a virus. Just go to weather.com

[/ QUOTE ]

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It really is spyware. Took me forever to figure out why no matter what I did, I'd still have tons of spyware to wipe out. Once I deleted that little bastard, it went away. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So, I downloaded it from home and e-mailed it here and installed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would remove it from your computer if I were you. If they specifically block something, and you circumvent thier security measure, depending on the company's policies, you may actually be setting yourself up for some kind of disciplinary action.
    I'm an IT guy. At the sites I operate, I have restrictions on specific exe's (weatherbug is one). If a user finds a way to circumvent the restriction, that user will have his/her machine locked down so ALL exe's are restricted except specific ones required for their job function. We also monitor for restriced processes...

I'd tread carefully when it comes to messing with security policies in a company. Even something as dumb as installing weatherbug can become a big issue simply for the fact that it may have been restricted (the fact that you were able to pass the exe through email has me wondering if it or the site is actually restricted). Security has become a very high priority in the new digital world.

8. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, whatever.

So, my question still stands... does anyone have a version of weatherbug that is the full exe install that is newere than v2.7?

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    When I saw the title for this thread I thought you needed some help to get rid of weatherbug. That thing is jam packed with spyware. Like the others have said, I suggest you get it off of your pc and definitely get it off of your work pc.