Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Weatherstripping Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Peeetah, Jul 12, 2000.

1. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

I need new weatherstripping for the removable top of my 81 Jimmy. No luck at JC Whitley, Summit says Soff Seal does not make a kit. Even my local chevy dealership says they don't carry any kit (Gee my friend bought a kit from them in June for his 86 K5 shell????) Me thinks I may have just gotten a lazy parts guy however, I am wondering if Soff Seal does make weatherstriping for K5 tops. Any thoughts on other companys that make kits. Where can i buy a Kit? I need both strips for the top (inside and outside) and both side strips. Any insight would be much appreciated.

2. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

I used some of that stick on weatherstrip that you can get from any auto parts store for about $5 and it works just fine. Just washed the truck today and no leaks.

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

New weather stripping can be had at J.C.Whitney and LMC.

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

5. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

LMC has it all. If you don't have one of their FREE catalogs get one. It's got fairly nice diagrams and you can also look in it to see what parts are compatable from other year trucks if you look closely...

Love, Peace, and Hair Grease...........

6. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

also try american classic truck parts, they have a website with pictures of everything they have (almost).

Knife.