Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

weatherstripping

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Jul 5, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

OK.. so i need to replace ALL the weatherstripping on my 74 k5.. all teh door seals, window seals, the glass track seals.. everything for the top,.. the back window... everythign but the windshield and sliders on the topper...

Where's teh best place guy's...

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

LMC should have everything you need.

3. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> LMC should have it, or the dealer. I got my door seals and window channel seals at the dealer, they were actually cheaper. The only thing that LMC might not have is the one seal that goes on the forward edge of the side windows, on the back side of the post that seperates the vent window from the roll up window. I've seen it in some kits but you can't buy it seperately. After looking a bunch of times I finally found a company that sells the right style of weather strip for that channel. I was very happy to find it since that seal is the only one left on my truck that leaks, and the thing sounds like a freight train whistle going down the highway. I have the info at work, I will make another post on Monday and let you know the info. </font color>

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I got all the weatherstripping from (if I remember correctly) Golden State Pickup Parts for around $450 /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif This included the inner and outer windshield weatherstripping, upper/lower door caps, door window stripping and bedrail stripping. There was another place also but I can't remember who it was (maybe Cheyenne Pickup Parts?), they were both located in Oklahoma City ... I'll have to dig up my reciepts or look through my catalogs.

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

http://www.lmctruck.com/
    They had all my weather stripping window seals for my Jimmy!
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif