Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

web down... sucks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by noJeepshere, Jun 2, 2003.

1. noJeepshere

noJeepshere I Drive Trains! Premium Member

sorry i havent replied to anyone lately, my internet is down, thank goodness for the library. been busy as can be, but im a lifegaurd at my local pool now. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif bad thing is i get to drive my sisters car. my 81 Jimmy has a MAJOR oil leak. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif if anyof you could help me with info on what these 4.1 motors do to leak like that, that would be great. what it does when i start it cold, is makes a gawd awful racket until pressure builds (5-10 mins, serious, oilpump is basically dead) it quiets down and starts blowning smoke. its just a little until i stop and idle for a few or shut it off for a few, then when i start again, thick blue for a minute the it goes back to light smoke. its embarrassing to have that and call my dad a mechanic. says he doesnt "have money" for it but we can go to california in our sub' /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif whatever. anyhoo, whatever you guys can tell me, thatd be great. thanks in advance.

mountain bikers rule!
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Wow, I thought I was the only lifeguard on this site. I guard at my local YMCA.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if its smoking out the exhaust all the time then its got something going on such as rings and cylinder walls worn, worn valve guides, or maybe intake gasket problem, the smoke at startup is normal for high mileage engines, my brother's 92 s-10 4.3L does this at 145,000 miles,

but smoke all the time is not good, sounds like are in for a minimum of partial disassembly of engine, or engine replacement.

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Good time to tackle that 350 swap /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif